07 murano SL - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 2 Old 06-22-2019, 01:55 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
07 murano SL

Just over two weeks ago my battery and brake light came on. Drove the car and it died on the road, alternator crapped out. So we replaced it. Over the last two weeks I noticed the brake/battery light flashing for a few seconds after I let the car idle in park for a bit. Yesterday I let the car idle while I ran into post office and when I came out all my dash lights, radio, screen were pitch black and car was running sluggish, I shut it down and it wouldnt restart, battery was dead. Okay mechanic comes over we use the jump box to get car over to part store and test. New battery put in and car runs awesome. Head home, stay for an hour and leave again. 15 miles later and car just shuts down, I get her to the side of the road, call tow truck, get her home and battery is stone dead. So Alternator, right? Just tested the alternator and it says it's perfect, nothing wrong. What's going on..... is there a battery sucking goblin under my hood.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-23-2019, 10:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean View Post
Just over two weeks ago my battery and brake light came on. Drove the car and it died on the road, alternator crapped out. So we replaced it. Over the last two weeks I noticed the brake/battery light flashing for a few seconds after I let the car idle in park for a bit. Yesterday I let the car idle while I ran into post office and when I came out all my dash lights, radio, screen were pitch black and car was running sluggish, I shut it down and it wouldnt restart, battery was dead. Okay mechanic comes over we use the jump box to get car over to part store and test. New battery put in and car runs awesome. Head home, stay for an hour and leave again. 15 miles later and car just shuts down, I get her to the side of the road, call tow truck, get her home and battery is stone dead. So Alternator, right? Just tested the alternator and it says it's perfect, nothing wrong. What's going on..... is there a battery sucking goblin under my hood.

Charge the battery, start the car, and let it idle with all accessories off. Using a multimeter, test the voltage at the battery terminals. What does it read?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: