• 1 Post By DarkMeth
  • 1 Post By DarkMeth

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 8 Old 02-22-2015, 08:23 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
2012 SV model stereo

Hi all, new member here. I just purchased a 2012 SV model without the bose system. I was wondering if I could install my own receiver in this model? I just got out of an 11 MO so I have the same parts crutchfield is recommending already for the 12. The 11 dash was broken into 3 sections, where the 12 is not. Kind of disappointing as I really want the bluetooth streaming from my galaxy S5. Any help would be much appreciated. I have attached a pic of the dash from the 12...Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150220_135628.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	26129   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150220_135658.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	26137   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150222_071059.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	26145  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-22-2015, 12:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizwalla View Post
Hi all, new member here. I just purchased a 2012 SV model without the bose system. I was wondering if I could install my own receiver in this model? I just got out of an 11 MO so I have the same parts crutchfield is recommending already for the 12. The 11 dash was broken into 3 sections, where the 12 is not. Kind of disappointing as I really want the bluetooth streaming from my galaxy S5. Any help would be much appreciated. I have attached a pic of the dash from the 12...Thank you!
Hey @Rizwalla - Welcome! Sweet ride! I'm afraid it's bad news for now. I'm in the same predicament and no, aftermarket is not a straightforward option as it may have been in the previous models. The aftermarket kits you see will not work on the 2012 with the AC controls below the factory stereo. Which is the case for our MOs.

There is a bit a good news though. It's not a perfect solution but it works if you're interested in BT streaming. It's also very cost effective. I posted about it and you're welcome to give it a try. This assumes your MO has set of RCA or Stereo AUX inputs in your center console. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to post!

https://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/6...streaming.html
Zalman likes this.

2014 MO SV Black (Non-Bose)

Interior/Exterior LED replacement kit
HomeSpot Bluetooth/NFC HUB (streaming audio)
Infinity Primus PR6502iS 6.5 speakers (front/rear)
Penzoil Platinum Oil (full synthetic) 05W30
Purolator Synthetic Oil Filter (PSL14612)
Nissan all-weather floor mats (beige)
post #3 of 8 Old 02-22-2015, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMeth View Post
Hey @Rizwalla - Welcome! Sweet ride! I'm afraid it's bad news for now. I'm in the same predicament and no, aftermarket is not a straightforward option as it may have been in the previous models. The aftermarket kits you see will not work on the 2012 with the AC controls below the factory stereo. Which is the case for our MOs.

There is a bit a good news though. It's not a perfect solution but it works if you're interested in BT streaming. It's also very cost effective. I posted about it and you're welcome to give it a try. This assumes your MO has set of RCA or Stereo AUX inputs in your center console. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to post!

https://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/6...streaming.html

Thanks DarkMeth. It is a sweet ride! I will definitely look into what you posted. I don't think I have either of those. At least not in the front. Maybe the back of the stereo? I'm not afraid to take it out and look, just didn't know if someone here has done it before. I appreciate your reply and help good sir! I'll let you know what I come up with. Wait, so it's in the armrest? What an odd place to put them. I will have to look...perfect! It's there!! Thank you very much DarkMeth. I am going to order the homespot right now! I have good quality cables already. Thank you again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 02-22-2015, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizwalla View Post
Thanks DarkMeth. It is a sweet ride! I will definitely look into what you posted. I don't think I have either of those. At least not in the front. Maybe the back of the stereo? I'm not afraid to take it out and look, just didn't know if someone here has done it before. I appreciate your reply and help good sir! I'll let you know what I come up with. Wait, so it's in the armrest? What an odd place to put them. I will have to look...
Welcome! It used to be that they had an iPod adapter cable in the glove box. Since that was a little awkward to reach from the driver side, they moved it to the center console below the arm rest. Still out of sight but within reach. It should be next to the aux power port in the center console below the arm rest. You may even have a USB port there too (not sure if the 2012 SV has one). If so, even better.

post #5 of 8 Old 02-22-2015, 02:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMeth View Post
Welcome! It used to be that they had an iPod adapter cable in the glove box. Since that was a little awkward to reach from the driver side, they moved it to the center console below the arm rest. Still out of sight but within reach. It should be next to the aux power port in the center console below the arm rest. You may even have a USB port there too (not sure if the 2012 SV has one). If so, even better.
Yes you were correct. I do have the aux ports and the usb port in the center console. I ordered the homelink already and it will be here tuesday...love me some amazon prime. One other question, it's not a big deal, but if I change the stereo to aux will it show any information on the screen? Thanks again, you made my day!
post #6 of 8 Old 02-22-2015, 07:36 PM

Unfortunately no track data will show on your screen, just AUX mode. Be sure to get a good quality stereo to RCA adapter cable. Although one comes with the unit, it's not a good quality cable. You'll use your phone to control the playback and be able to use voice navigation and/or other apps on your phone that can stream via BT.
Rizwalla likes this.
post #7 of 8 Old 02-28-2015, 09:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Dont want to thread jack i have the same exact model. I was wondering can the unit play dvds/movies
post #8 of 8 Old 02-28-2015, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstmo2012 View Post
Dont want to thread jack i have the same exact model. I was wondering can the unit play dvds/movies
If your MO has RCA Video and Audio inputs, yes. It'll only work as long as the MO is parked. As soon as you put it into gear, video playback will stop for safety reasons. There are ways around this limitation but highly discouraged, again for safety reasons.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: