2010 murano hesitation - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 11 Old 01-10-2019, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
2010 murano hesitation

OK, so I've read almost every post on the HESITATION ISSUE, but my problem is when STARTING OFF ONLY, seems to go DIRECTLY into LIMP MODE (like the EOC is taking over)....NO acceleration at all, NO rev bump, NO codes (did the DB2), nothing just sits there, and I am hoping I do not get hit, which has almost happened at least twice 2 in the last days, all taking off from a traffic light.......IF I slam the brakes then accelerate, everything seems fine, I have over 143K, so no warranty,......IN THE PROCESS OF SELLING, but......

ANY IDEAS...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 01-10-2019, 06:06 PM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpm13 View Post
OK, so I've read almost every post on the HESITATION ISSUE, but my problem is when STARTING OFF ONLY, seems to go DIRECTLY into LIMP MODE (like the EOC is taking over)....NO acceleration at all, NO rev bump, NO codes (did the DB2), nothing just sits there, and I am hoping I do not get hit, which has almost happened at least twice 2 in the last days, all taking off from a traffic light.......IF I slam the brakes then accelerate, everything seems fine, I have over 143K, so no warranty,......IN THE PROCESS OF SELLING, but......

ANY IDEAS...
Just to be clear...when these episodes of no acceleration, no change in RPMs etc. while depressing the accelerator pedal from a dead stop occur, you can stomp on the brake pedal and then the car behaves normally? Also, does this happen every time or is this an intermittent problem?
post #3 of 11 Old 01-11-2019, 09:45 AM Thread Starter

SEEMS to happen every time I stop at a traffic light or stop sign, NOW.....tried accelerate extremely slow away from light/sign this morning and it hesitates but goes very slow, accelerate at NORMAL speed, car just goes into LIMP MODE, no power to gas at all. Hit brakes hard, car returns to normal, until next stop....

If I roll thru stop signs this DOES not happen....

SEEMS like the car is just taking over, like when you slip and the traction control light comes on, press gas no go, hit the brake and you can accelerate...

by the way love the SNOOPY.....

NO DASH LIGHTS AT ALL....AND no problems on the highway.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 01-11-2019, 06:36 PM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Head scratcher. It's weird that slamming on the brake pedal seems to fix your problem. You say that when you press the accelerator pedal the RPMs don't change at all (...i.e. they don't rise above idle)? Does your scanner read live data? If so, see if you can monitor the accelerator position PID during these episodes and check if it reasonably approximates what your foot is doing (...maybe take on local low traffic street and experiment a little).
post #5 of 11 Old 01-12-2019, 06:00 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Garage
it def sounds like something is not communicating. i would agree with live data reading or even a mapper might be able to help due to all live data sensors and laptop
post #6 of 11 Old 01-12-2019, 02:25 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpm13 View Post

ANY IDEAS...
I had the same exact problem. After trying a few suggestions, I found that the problem was a torn Air Duct assembly, pn: 16576-1AA1A DUCT ASSY-AIR. The rubber was torn in one of the folds. I bought a replacement from ebay for less than $30 bucks. It's very easy to replace and has completely fixed my problem.

Roger M.
2009 Loaded SL
post #7 of 11 Old 01-14-2019, 02:55 PM Thread Starter

martinrrrr: I will look into the AIR DUCT assy, hopefully this is it, I am trying to sell.....

I NEED COFFEE & M4RK-K going to have a friend who works as a mech try his more sophisticated DB2......

THANKS for the advice, appreciate...
post #8 of 11 Old 01-14-2019, 08:37 PM
ICE

I'm making an account just to send this word of advice. Our Altima has the same issue and turns out to be bad o2 sensors. The shop also said it could be something in the fuel system but in our case it wasnt. Hope this helps!
post #9 of 11 Old 01-14-2019, 08:46 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
This goes without saying, but Iím assuming people use Heet to get water out of their fuel system. I use it twice a year. Highly recommended, and costs $1. Pour it in on an empty take before you fill it up. Water causes all kinds of problems.
post #10 of 11 Old 01-14-2019, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICE View Post
I'm making an account just to send this word of advice. Our Altima has the same issue and turns out to be bad o2 sensors. The shop also said it could be something in the fuel system but in our case it wasnt. Hope this helps!
Faulty O2 sensors will throw code and cause the check engine soon light to come on. rpm13, if your's is not showing that then it's not an O2 problem.

Roger M.
2009 Loaded SL
post #11 of 11 Old 01-15-2019, 11:55 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2010 Murano Hesitation

Our 2017.5 Murano had the same thing. WE took it to the dealer and the service man asked "Do you drive with one foot or two"
I said i drove race cars for 13 years so i use both feet. He said use only one foot and you will see the different. I THOUGHT HE WAS CRAZY.
BUT he was right....It has a built in sensor on the system that does this. So try driving with one foot only and see what happens.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: