1Likes
  • 1 Post By I need coffee

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 5 Old 02-23-2019, 03:17 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Coil pack for '09 Murano

I have a couple of questions. I had a tune up yesterday from a friend of mine who always does my work. After he replaced the plugs and went on his way, I drove it and had no power, and the car was kind of shaking. Had to kind of keep it under 45. He came and checked at this morning and said I need one coil pack. I found them but they're like $95 at several different Auto Parts here. But I found them for like 20 and 30 on eBay. I don't mind spending more if I'm getting the right thing, but I don't want to spend three times the amount of what they are online. Do you think the 20 or $30 coil pack is okay?

Also, I noticed there are a couple of different types of coil packs. Am I getting an ignition coil pack? My mechanic is Vietnamese so there's kind of a language barrier that's why I'm asking you guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-23-2019, 05:49 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddcurrlz View Post
I have a couple of questions. I had a tune up yesterday from a friend of mine who always does my work. After he replaced the plugs and went on his way, I drove it and had no power, and the car was kind of shaking. Had to kind of keep it under 45. He came and checked at this morning and said I need one coil pack. I found them but they're like $95 at several different Auto Parts here. But I found them for like 20 and 30 on eBay. I don't mind spending more if I'm getting the right thing, but I don't want to spend three times the amount of what they are online. Do you think the 20 or $30 coil pack is okay?

Also, I noticed there are a couple of different types of coil packs. Am I getting an ignition coil pack? My mechanic is Vietnamese so there's kind of a language barrier that's why I'm asking you guys.
$20-30 is o.k., but $5 is better! Beware of cheap parts on eBay as counterfeit parts is a rampant problem. If you don't want to spend the money on an OEM ignition coil then buy the Hitachi variant (IGC0003) since they actually manufacture the OEM part and it will be quite a bit cheaper (e.g. Rock Auto has them for $47).

On a side note, before your mechanic changed the spark plugs, did your car have "no power" and was it "shaking"? If not, that would be quite the coincidence.
post #3 of 5 Old 02-23-2019, 06:04 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
No. The car ran great except for 14 mpg. This iaaue happened after he changed the plugs. Said it happens. Guys at auto parts store said it happens sometimes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 03-29-2019, 08:00 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Because of built up resistance in coils over years of use, I always replace the Coils all of them, sparkplugs, now you have fresh plugs with no resistance trying to pull electric from resistant coils.
post #5 of 5 Old 03-31-2019, 11:07 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Tech View Post
Because of built up resistance in coils over years of use, I always replace the Coils all of them, sparkplugs, now you have fresh plugs with no resistance trying to pull electric from resistant coils.
This makes no sense whatsoever.
PaulDay likes this.