Nissan Warranty of dash cracking? - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 3 Old 04-13-2019, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Nissan Warranty of dash cracking?

My front dash has a crack that runs from driver to passenger side. The seam in the dash where the airbag is, is visible to me (although barely). While I don’t believe this is a safety issue, my Murano is garage kept and the dash was never damaged. I finally mentioned it to the dealership and they told me to reach out to Nissan and that “they may split the cost with me”. The service tech said this in a way that indicated to me that they know how Nissan corporate will handle this issue. My car is 10 years old so Nissan would have a good case to make that it’s just an old car. However, it’s actually been cracking for a few years but I never said anything.
Have any of you had this dash cracking issue and know how to approach Nissan about it and what I might be able to expect. I know a replacement dash is very expensive.

'00 Sentra GXE

Previous
'05 Infiniti Q45
'01 BMW 330 ci conv.
'97 Nissan Altima GXE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-13-2019, 05:44 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 578 Post(s)
IMO anything you get is goodwill from Nissan. Dash cracks aren't new...every 240/260/280/280ZX dash ever made cracked sooner or later.

There are also color-matching dash repair kits that are made to fill cracks, in case you want to go that route.

2008 BMW E91 328xi Sportwagon
2009 BMW E92 328ix Coupe
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, 75th Anniv. Edition
1983 280ZX Turbo
post #3 of 3 Old 07-10-2019, 04:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nissan USA goodwilled a new dashboard supply and install a few years ago on my 2009 LE Murano. I was also complaining about the passenger seat air bag sensor at the time. So they basically took care of the dashboard instead of dealing with the air bag sensor. Even though the air bag sensor was a recall on some 2009 models my vin# was not included in the recall for some reason? On another note, I also brought in my Murano for the high pitch whistle upon acceleration around 30mph range, and actually showed the tech guy the Bulletin about the throttle body and they still came back to say it is normal. I am not happy thinking about that b/c my vehicle was still under warranty back then.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: