Sway bar bushings - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 3 Old 05-02-2019, 10:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Sway bar bushings

A while back, I was informed that the left front sway bar end link was questionable. Now I get a clunking/rattling seeming to come from the front left going over sharp bumps or washboarded roads. I'm guessing it's time to replace it.

I was thinking I'd do the bushings at the same time. I'm wondering if there's anything I should be aware of when I replace them. Theoretically, it should be four bolts holding the two brackets on. Are they easily accessible, or are there any that are difficult to get to? Or is this one of those where the subframe has to be lowered to get to them?

The only time I've replaced them was on a 2006 Acura MDX. Three bolts came right out. The fourth one had so little space to get to it that it was about two hours to get it out and back in again.

Thanks all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-03-2019, 10:35 AM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ophidia View Post
A while back, I was informed that the left front sway bar end link was questionable. Now I get a clunking/rattling seeming to come from the front left going over sharp bumps or washboarded roads. I'm guessing it's time to replace it.

I was thinking I'd do the bushings at the same time. I'm wondering if there's anything I should be aware of when I replace them. Theoretically, it should be four bolts holding the two brackets on. Are they easily accessible, or are there any that are difficult to get to? Or is this one of those where the subframe has to be lowered to get to them?

The only time I've replaced them was on a 2006 Acura MDX. Three bolts came right out. The fourth one had so little space to get to it that it was about two hours to get it out and back in again.

Thanks all!
The rear bolts might be a bit of a pain, but if you have a flex-head ratchet and some swivel extensions (maybe a deep offset wrench?) etc. then it shouldn't be too bad--definitely shouldn't need to drop the subframe. Corrosion could complicate things.

Anyway, take a look for yourself as you can easily see the setup by just looking between the wheel spokes with a flashlight.
post #3 of 3 Old 05-04-2019, 10:49 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I'll have to take a closer look. It's clunking pretty good now, and I can get a noise when I rock the vehicle back and forth. Time to order parts, I think.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: