• 1 Post By PaulDay

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 7 Old 05-20-2019, 08:56 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Exclamation 2009 slow acceleration and flashing dash lights

HI All,

I have a 2009 Murano and this morning while driving my kids to school (local traffic) my car suddenly wasn't accelerating and all the dash light started flashing. I would pull over and wait with my hazards on and then was able to go a little bit but then it would do the same thing. Was able to get my care home. I have noticed the slow accelerate at red lights lately and I am not sure what is going on. Sorry if this is a repeat post. I have never had this happen before. Does anyone know what this could possibly mean? The engine light came on a week or so ago and I have a Micro Mechanic to run on it but that seems like a waste b/c it always says there are no codes. I am planning on taking it to Auto Zone to have the codes read but just wanted to see if anyone else had experienced this?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-20-2019, 09:23 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Lee View Post
HI All,

I have a 2009 Murano and this morning while driving my kids to school (local traffic) my car suddenly wasn't accelerating and all the dash light started flashing. I would pull over and wait with my hazards on and then was able to go a little bit but then it would do the same thing. Was able to get my care home. I have noticed the slow accelerate at red lights lately and I am not sure what is going on. Sorry if this is a repeat post. I have never had this happen before. Does anyone know what this could possibly mean? The engine light came on a week or so ago and I have a Micro Mechanic to run on it but that seems like a waste b/c it always says there are no codes. I am planning on taking it to Auto Zone to have the codes read but just wanted to see if anyone else had experienced this?

Thanks in advance!
Sorry that you fell for that hype. That commercial with the wife "We're good to go Honey." just does a total disservice to all true auto mechanics everywhere. True auto mechanics will know what I'm talking about.

Without codes, it could be just about anything. If it's running that bad, I would see if someone could come to your location to properly read any codes that might be causing these issues.

Please let us know any resulting codes so that others might be able to help.

Have a good day.
Pilgrim likes this.

2017.5 Murano Platinum w/Tech package
Gun Metallic w/Glass Coat Finish
20" Chrome Rims
Bose Audio
Thinkware 800 Pro Front/Rear Camera
3D Maxpider Mats w/Cargo Cover & Net
Curtis Class 3 Hitch w/OEM Tow Harness
Frameless Rear View Mirror
Illuminated Kick Plates & Foot Well Lighting
Sonic Shock Sensor (Active Alarm Upgrade)
Rear Bumper European LED Lighting
Front DRL/Turn Signal LED Lighting @ Fog Light Frame
Full Underbody LED Ground Lighting
All LED Lighting
Michelin Premier LTX 255/55/20 Tires
post #3 of 7 Old 05-20-2019, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My husband thought the Micro Mechanic was worth it lol, Auto Zone told me that I needed a new air filter and MAF sensor. They suggested I changed the air filter and drive it to see if the sensor would clear itself out. So I changed out the filter and drove it home and no issues occurred. I am also going to stop putting low grade gas in the car and do a fuel system cleaner with the higher grade gas and see if that helps the car run better (i am sure it will)

The codes are: P0174 and P0171
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 05-20-2019, 02:14 PM

Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Lee View Post
My husband thought the Micro Mechanic was worth it lol, Auto Zone told me that I needed a new air filter and MAF sensor. They suggested I changed the air filter and drive it to see if the sensor would clear itself out. So I changed out the filter and drove it home and no issues occurred. I am also going to stop putting low grade gas in the car and do a fuel system cleaner with the higher grade gas and see if that helps the car run better (i am sure it will)

The codes are: P0174 and P0171
Great.

If the air filter was really, really dirty, that might have been the problem.

Do not use any type of MAP cleaner. They have been know to cause issues of their own. If acceleration is still affected, change MAP unit. You can find it cheaper online, just stick with OEM. It's a simple parts replace using a screwdriver and removing a plug or two.

A good quality fuel injector cleaner can't hurt. Your best bet is to stick to top tier gas (Shell and Sunoco are my top two picks.) and don't waste money with 91 octane, 89 octane will help a little and won't waste too much money.

Seeing that your air filter was that dirty, I would be checking all other fluid levels and their conditions, belt, and battery. You'll have better piece of mind driving the kids around knowing you won't break down due to neglected maintenance issues.

FYI, if your engine light is on, have it checked ASAP. See what happened after only a week with it on? Most people don't realize that under certain conditions when the engine light is on that engine running conditions are restricted, causing gas mileage to drop. Another reason not to drive with it on.

Have a good day.

2017.5 Murano Platinum w/Tech package
Gun Metallic w/Glass Coat Finish
20" Chrome Rims
Bose Audio
Thinkware 800 Pro Front/Rear Camera
3D Maxpider Mats w/Cargo Cover & Net
Curtis Class 3 Hitch w/OEM Tow Harness
Frameless Rear View Mirror
Illuminated Kick Plates & Foot Well Lighting
Sonic Shock Sensor (Active Alarm Upgrade)
Rear Bumper European LED Lighting
Front DRL/Turn Signal LED Lighting @ Fog Light Frame
Full Underbody LED Ground Lighting
All LED Lighting
Michelin Premier LTX 255/55/20 Tires
post #5 of 7 Old 05-21-2019, 09:31 AM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
The MAF Sensor the one that is just before your throttle body? If so you can get a spray that you can use to clean it. There is a even a spray for your throttle body too.

If once you clean the MAF sensor you still get the light, you can try to reset the ECU by pulling the negative lead off the battery for 1~2 minutes. This will reset the ECU, however you may need to drive around for 100KM or so.

Last year my cat2 was pushing an error code to my MO, 1 day before 5 days before I was to get it tested for emissions. I ran some cat cleaner through the fuel system and reset the ECU then drive it for 130km or so and pass the emissions test.

From time to time I run a fuel system cleaner (from STP) through but it still doesn't clean the MAF sensor.

Thanks
post #6 of 7 Old 05-21-2019, 08:00 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
I suspect there was a vacuum leak along the intake - loose hose clamp -

I would not spray any cleaning agents on the MAF sensor itself. Many experience codes come up right after.
post #7 of 7 Old 06-03-2019, 05:23 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Check the Intake Boot. The one that leads from intake box to throttle body for tears. If there are tears, then order a new one.

Regards,
--
m4gician

2009 Murano LE - QX1 Pearl White
2012 Grille + Taillights installed | Interior LEDs
I like to detail cars. If you have any detailing questions I'd love to help!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
anytime!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: