Rear view mirror - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 10 Old 05-25-2019, 09:26 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Rear view mirror

For some reason my '12 doesn't have the compass on the mirror, although the specs indicate that it should. If I bought a used one from a junk yard, or ebay, or whatever, would it work? Would the connectors be the same or any additional setup required?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 05-26-2019, 11:33 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Garage
If your vehicle has navigation then it does not come with the compass in the mirror. Which is a option I really like because the compass on the navigation screen is so small it is of no use. For my past three Nissans I have just went to Ebay and found a mirror with compass from a non-nav Nissan of the same (or close) year and purchased it. Very simple to install, one screw and one wiring plug in and bingo, you have a mirror with a compass. You will have to calibrate it though, just look in the owners manual and it will give you the procedure.

If you want to get anal about it your can go to a Nissan dealer and look around the lot until you find a non-nav vehicle that has the compass in the mirror and take a picture of the numbers on the back of the mirror and buy one with the same number.

Good Luck
post #3 of 10 Old 05-26-2019, 04:25 PM Thread Starter

Thx for the reply. I found one on ebay from an '09 model. Should have it within a week. Yes, the little one
on the nav screen is useless. It'd be cool if you could make the screen zoom into it, but alas... ;-( Wish me luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 05-27-2019, 12:20 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Murray View Post
For some reason my '12 doesn't have the compass on the mirror, although the specs indicate that it should. If I bought a used one from a junk yard, or ebay, or whatever, would it work? Would the connectors be the same or any additional setup required?
FYI..I bought a 14 Murano Platinum new from dealer in 14. No compass in rear view mirror. Noted on the original Murano window sticker that it stated rearview mirror with compass even though i had FACTORY GPS. Called dealer they advised with GPS no compass-in mirror. They acknowledged the window sticker but said tough. Sent letter to Nissan. They tried to use the same logic...tough. I correctly used the false/misleading advertising argument to no avail. I advised i was going to take them to small claims court unless I got the correct mirror...probably wouldn’t have but its nice to say i will see you in court! 2 days later the sales mgr at my Nissan dealer calls to say they will split the cost with me. Nope all or nothing...he then says that i will be wasting a lot of time to go to court...I then advise him i am retired and have lots of time...he then says they will install the compass mirror free of charge and yes its just a plug and play install. 2 weeks later i am at the dealer for a service and there is a 14 Murano in the showroom so i check out the window sticker...you guessed it Nissan changed it to say no compass with GPS. Sometimes the Whine pays off!
post #5 of 10 Old 05-27-2019, 10:34 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 580 Post(s)
I got one from a wrecking yard and installed it. Do a search, I wrote a thread on it. Easy job.

2008 BMW E91 328xi Sportwagon
2009 BMW E92 328ix Coupe
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, 75th Anniv. Edition
1983 280ZX Turbo
post #6 of 10 Old 05-28-2019, 08:00 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
i would like a compass in mine to...so do i have to find one from a murano. or can it be from a nissan..like altima or ect..on ebay it says its compatible to a murano...would the connector be the same...
post #7 of 10 Old 05-30-2019, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

Got it today, and threw it in there. Just needed a Torx bit to loosen the old one, plugged it in and it lit right up. Right direction too!
post #8 of 10 Old 05-31-2019, 09:00 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Murray View Post
Got it today, and threw it in there. Just needed a Torx bit to loosen the old one, plugged it in and it lit right up. Right direction too!

did you get this from ebay..also was it from another murano..?
post #9 of 10 Old 05-31-2019, 09:51 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Garage
It does not necessarily mean that you need to get one from the same type of vehicle. The one I purchased for my '17 Maxima came from an Altima.
post #10 of 10 Old 06-22-2019, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

Ebay, $30 bux.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: