Nissan Murano Forum banner

Brighter Headlights.....

6K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Unistang 
#1 ·
Hi Group,
I'm looking for new Brighter, Whiter headlamps for my 2009 Murano LE.
I've been looking up all of the various types available, all of the colors, kelvin temperatures, etc.

I know that I want "bright white/6500K" but other than that, WHAT TYPE [Number] bulbs do we HAVE in out Murano's?

What can you recommend for me?

Thanks.

Irv in Maine

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I just purchased these for my wife's car. Noticeable difference in output from the previous LED bulbs I had installed two years ago.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077BT6M6Z/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1[/ame]

Verify part number for your year Murano.

These use the latest Phillips LEDs, 3 times brighter then the ones I took out.

Have a good day.

#4 ·
I noticed that my 2010 Murano that I just purchased has sort of dim headlight compared to other cars I've had.
Is this common symptom for this car?

I may look into those brighter bulbs.
OEM Halogen bulbs naturally dim over time. I always changed them out every two years after winter time use. Now I have everything LED.

Have a good day.

#6 ·
2009 LE? You have D2S bulbs in there.

Get a good quality pair of D2S bulbs. The cheap chinese bulbs (the ones for $15/pair) aren't bright enough. The good quality chinese ones or Philips ones have a much higher LM and are brighter naturally.

Also, try polishing your headlight lenses. That really makes a difference in the perceived light. Aim them correctly as well.

#9 ·
If you want the best light output go with a good set of DS2 morimoto 4500k 35W HID lights from the retrofit source (https://www.theretrofitsource.com/hid-systems/d2s-morimoto-elite.html). You already have projectors so you need to make sure you aim them correctly and that there is no unusual glare since that is technically a halogen projector. HID retros in anything but a projector is dangerous and inconsiderate to others but you can make them work. You won't find anything brighter with a useful beam pattern.

The proper way to do this would be to tear your housing apart and retrofit a new set of projectors but not everyone has the knowledge or $$$ to do this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.