Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
There was nothing amazing about that. It was just Gripper Don caring for his Phaeton.

-njjoe

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Homer, get the paddle out, he is using carnuba.

hehehe

:)

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
It's OK to use carnauba wax.
It's good martial arts training.
Wax on, wax off
Wax on, wax off
Wax on, wax off
Wax on, wax off
Wax on, wax off
Wax on, wax off
Wax on, wax off
Wax on, wax off
Wax on, wax off
Wax on, wax off

every 4 to 6 weeks.:2:

Homer

·
5,244 Posts
hfelknor said:
It's OK to use carnauba wax.
It's good martial arts training.
Wax on, wax off
Wax on, wax off
Wax on, wax off
Wax on, wax off
Wax on, wax off
Wax on, wax off
Wax on, wax off
Wax on, wax off
Wax on, wax off
Wax on, wax off

every 4 to 6 weeks.:2:

Homer
What is wrong with that?

You get exercise and $5,000 per car! :D :D :D

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
$5,000 for 4 hours of work? Five days a week? Set your own schedule? Hell, I'd willingly become the next Karate Kid for that kind of scratch. :2:

-njjoe

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
FARGEN AAAAY!

But I just couldn't resist ribbin ya Homer, LOL, glad you took it so well.

:D

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I'm not going to the extent that what I did for four hours while waiting for my wife was extreme but it was a little much.
The car had been just waxed so while I waited for her to complete a test, I found a nice spot and did the interior detailing and decided to use vinyl protectant on all the surfaces including all the plastic surrounds like the interior tailgate, all the jam seals, including the trunk. doors, hood. All the hard plastic in the cargo area also coated. I then popped the hood, cleaned the engine and used the protectant on the engine cover, battery, hoses, air filter housing. Gave the wiper arms a coat front and back, did the lower side body mouldings front and rear gray bumper areas and splash guards. It was a great way to kill four hours and the Mo thanked me.
Bob1
:1pat:

·
5,244 Posts
Did Mo thank you with $5k? ;)

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Did Mo thank you with $5k?

No but it rained all over my hard work on the way home!

:banghead: :banghead:

Bob1

·
Registered
18 Posts
There's several techniques the guy is using that are old-school and there's newer, better ways.

But if there's people with more money than brains willing to pay the dude, all the power to him, I guess.

I love how people buy into the expensive snake oils... it always amazes me.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
i'd like to get my hands on some of that wheel cleaner gel that he uses. and that waxing is just the craziest thing i've ever seen. it's like ULTRA EXPENSIVE ZYMOL. but the car did look stunning, i utterly hate swirls or spiderwebs masking an otherwise flawless finish.

i need someone to truely teach me how to power polish.

·
Registered
132 Posts
nissanlove said:
i need someone to truely teach me how to power polish.
Me too!

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Ahhhhhhh fresh Collinite.

It's been since September since I waxed the Mo.
A wash, dry, application of Collinite and buffing = 1.5 hours.

I usually don't do the whole car but yesterday I just couldn't stop--one panel blended into another and before I knew it, I was all the way back around her.

Of course, last night it rained and poor Mo sits out there with nature.
When I got in this morning I walked around her---not one water spot. Looked like I had just finished waxing her right there.

One thing that the was most notable, when exiting I couldn't grip the door edge, it was slippery as an eel.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Man that boy's got some skills! I especially liked that gadget he used to check the paint levels to see how much he could buff out scratches!

I am suprised that he uses a sponge though. Wouldnt a lambswool mitt be better?

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
bigdongers said:
Man that boy's got some skills! I especially liked that gadget he used to check the paint levels to see how much he could buff out scratches!

I am suprised that he uses a sponge though. Wouldnt a lambswool mitt be better?
Obviously not in his estimation. This guy has unlimited funds and is working on super-cars, if he thought the lambswool sponge gave better results I am sure he would use it (unless of course he is allergic to lambswool.)

-njjoe

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Everybody has their favorites.
I don't like lambswool.
Too many little cinders, etc, get to hiding in the fur.........They seem to grab on and stay.
But different strokes for different folks.

He's not the only one to use a paint thickness meter to see how much he has to work with.
(BTW, no one buys a car at auction without one anymore!)

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/zaino.html

Homer

1 - 19 of 19 Posts