Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Enjoying the ride…
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to buy in-channel wind deflectors for my ’03 Mo. I sow a couple on the ebay, but when I ask sellers if they will fit my Mo they say no, its only good for 04-05 Mo’s. I am lost, is it a different doors or widows on 03 and 04 Mo’s???? Help me. Thanks.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I doubt very much if there is any difference in the windows. It was a brand new vehicle, ground up in '03, why would they make such major changes the very next year?
I bet the person you talked to was told that it fits '04-'05, forgot about '03, and he/she just doesn't know any better.
I say, buy them and see if they fit, if not for some unimagineable reason, sell them here, plenty of '04 & '05's.

·
Enjoying the ride…
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
beemer-biker

Well, I sent e-mail to tree different sellers who sell those in-channel wind deflectors. I got the same answer from all of them. I think you are right, but I still have a hard time to believe that none of them know the stuff they are selling. Did anybody bought those deflectors from e-bay and use them on 03 Mo????

·
4,664 Posts
They're just reading the same literature...

I'm not aware of any changes, the '04's squeak just like the '03's...;)

·
Enjoying the ride…
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I am going to order it, but if it does not work please look at Classified section in the week or so for in-channel wind deflectors….hehe;)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I got mine on eBay...

Wade brand. Ad made it seem as though I was getting "VentShade" brand, but that's OK.

I have an 04.

I love the look of the 'inchannel' units. But the fit isn't perfect. Both front and rear shades tail off at the rear of each window...and don't go into the channel completely.

Not noticible, however.

They do make your windows look a bit shorter! lol

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I don't think there are any changes to the doors/windows between all Murano model years. You should be fine.

·
Enjoying the ride…
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rbsmo04,

I think I can leave with the “shorter” windows. Thanks. I know one thing for sure, it sux when the rains or snow get on my glasses while driving and I have a window open because I am smoking…:cool:

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
For the heck of it yesterday, I looked on my sticker by the driver's door on the frame in the jamb. My 04 that I purchased Dec-29,2003 was built Sept-2003. No way is there any changes that I can see between the 03-04. I'll bet half the 04-s were actually built in 03.
bob1

·
Registered
472 Posts
Most manufacturers change from one model year to next sometime in late summer or early fall. The last of the 2004 Muranos probably were built in July and the 2005 models started to be built in August.

My 2005 Murano was built sometime in September and arrived at the dealer the first week in December so it took at least 60 days to transport the car from Japan to the dealer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts