Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I am about to pull the trigger on a Blue/ 03 SL AWD/ Nav/ Leather/ still under warranty. I originally set out for an 04 but after nearly 2 months of searching almost everyday, I have found ZERO.

My question is: Is there a significant difference between the 03' and 04' that should make me hold out? Since 03' is the first production year for this car; might there be some problems?

·
4,601 Posts
They're all the same vehicle, but with little tweaks and additions as the years go by.

Nissan does this with all their vehicles, so there's always a reason to upgrade.

If I was looking, I'd try for an '04, just because it has the sat harness in it, and it's got the menu option to adjust the sensitivity of the auto lights. Also, you will not find the +/- gated shifter on '03's, if that's something you want.

Given a choice between a loaded '03 and a more basic '04, I'd go for the loaded '03 in a heartbeat.

So there's no "right" answer, only opinions and what's "right for you".

Oh, one other thing that makes the '05 desirable, is the upgraded steering pump.

You might want to consider financing an '05 over a longer period, if that fits with your plans. If best bang for the buck is what you want, then a low milage, loaded '03 might be the best deal.

Just my 2 cents... Mine's an early '03, built in October 2002 and I'm still delighted with it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nissan is still running 3% interest right now for 60 month, closest you can get to free money from an interest standpoint......:)

Good Luck!!! Whatever you decide, no wrong answer as long as your getting one...

·
Registered
9 Posts
05 Murano at the Vancouver Autoshow.

I sat in a 05 Murano at the Vancouver auto show and for the most part it's the same except for the manumatic mode in the SE and the Intelligent key option. I also found the seats (especially the back) to be a bit softer than on my 03. Any comments about this from 05 owners?

Oh yeah, and the rear wiper is much different and seems to put more pressure on the rear window.

I spent a good 20 minutes talking to people about the Murano, they thought I was a salesperson! Hey Nissan, I want my commission for the 2 vehicles I probably sold for you!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Alrite i gotta 03 murano SL AWD with Z tube and jwt.....and just this weekend i was at the nissan dealer and i wanted to drive the new SE muranos....so I asked the salesman and he went to get the keys and we were off.....my brother said it felt smother, it didnt feel much diff to me tho. But the new murano felt SOOOO much slower...I was suprised. Does the fact that the car had only 9 miles compared to my murano which had 29k make THAT big of a difference?? What do you guys think? From what I drove id deff take my 03 any day.....MUCH more fun to drive!

·
4,601 Posts
Yeah the engine revs more freely once it's broken in...

·
4,601 Posts
The new Murano is less of an AWD vehicle than the old one, unfortunately. With the AWD lock turned on, the 04/03 keep it engaged up to 18 MPH, and the 05 only goes to 6...

It's a shame, as there haven't been a lot of reported problems with the transfer case.

·
Registered
470 Posts
nismomurano said:

ya but the new murano was SLOOOOWW. I think our expedition could beat the new murano in a race lol.
A new car with 9 miles on it should not be driven so agressively to notice a difference in performance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts