Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i have been reading this board for the last couple of weeks and it has been very helpful!

I am looking to buy a Murano, and have been put into a dliemna. A dealer by me if offering 750 off the invoice price for an 03 Murano vs about 300 off the invoice on an 04. There is also better financing on the 03. I have been reading about all the problems some people have had with the 03's so I am a little skeptical to buy. The build date is May 05, 2003, which is after the date for the Tech bulletin for the door locking problem.
Also, I am a little confused, when I look at the differences btwn the 03 and 04 they seem small. Did Nissan actively address the issues that happened on some of the 03's?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Thanks

·
Registered
418 Posts
Based on a saving of only $450 for a full model year, I think the '04 a better deal...using Nissan's own residual calculations for leasing (in Canada) a 4 yr old Murano is worth 49% new price; a 3 yr old 60%....differences are minor..'04 has power lumbar...I'm sure others on this board will eloborate

·
Registered
43 Posts
Three or four years from now the difference in resale value will be about $2K. You can verify that by comparing the blue book value of 3 and 4 year old SUVs on edmunds.com

Last December '03s MOs were going for $2K under invoice, and '04s for about $500 under invoice. You should be able to do better than that now, especially on an '03.

A dealer will only give you these deals if he knows that you know what his bottom line is. If he senses that you don't YOU WILL PAY!!!

FWIW, in December I paid more than $5K under invoice for an '03 Demo with 5K miles on it. Most dealers have one or two Demos that the execs drive. They turn them over after they get about 5K miles on them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The dealer showed me his invoice and the holdback on the car which was 750, is holdback calculated monthly, am I missing something else? The car has only 85 miles on it, so it is not a demo, can the dealer still discount that much off the car?
Thanks

·
4,664 Posts
Maybe I'm crazy, but even 85 miles would have me wondering...:rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts