Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok..its not mine its my girls(she just got it yesterday, my ride ain't too bad tho-03 silverstone 350Z)...but I see tons of SL's out there, how about you SE folks...where are ya??any complaints so far SE drivers???hers is a pretty palin jane...not even roof racks(but I think it looks sleeker/more sporty that way!)the SE's got a neat manu-matic....well well...feedback puhlease??

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
zilverMO:
Congrats on your girl's new purchase. It seems as though there are a number of SLs out there in comparison to the SE's. The reviews I read on the SEs were that the ride was more harsh so I steered clear of that. My 02 Mustang GT that I had for a year was enough rough to last a lifetime.

Do you have any pics of your cars together?

Welcome to the board. You will see that members are very helpful and friendly. Enjoy!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes excited is the word...but i don't think the SE rides harsh at all...but then again I do have a Z and a 95 cherokee...curiuos about the manu-matic tho...if anyone has had any bad luck with 'em...

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Personally I purchased my SE because it captures what the Murano is meant to be - a sporty crossover. The difference between SE and SL might not be that different, but every bit helps. If I wanted a soft riding crossover, I would have gotten a Highlander, so I have no complaints about the ride in the SE.

·
Registered
13 Posts
REPLY SE

I HAVE HAD MY SE FOR 3 DAYS. I LOVE IT AND HAVE NO COMPLAINTS SO FAR . I HAVE NOT USE THE GEAR SELECTER YET BUT I HAVE BEEN DRIVING IN THE SNOW FOR 3 DAYS AND IT HANDLES NICE NO SLIPPAGE. GOOD LUCK WITH YOURS.

ZMURANO:4:

·
5,244 Posts
Wow, you are back Enforcer.......

Anyway, I got SL. I thought the SE was too harsh. Now that I drive both the MO and FX I regret i did not get SE. For handling sake......

However, both SE and SL handle very well. So which ever way you go you will be OK.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well my girl let me get a few hours drive time under my belt..and I have to say so far so good...I like the manu-matic, has 6"gears" so its pretty flexible...shes still brandy new so i'm not how quick it'll be and I didn't want to wail it anyway in front of my girlfriend...so I'll see after he break in how much quicker "manual" VS letting the CVT do the driving...doesn't handle too bad (for an SUV) and the ride is nice with SE...but I'd have to give the MO a thumbs up so far...and Enforcer I know your doing your job...but what am I going to do with this bumper jack now??? :D

·
Registered
160 Posts
sorry guys... but i wouldnt stand taking crap from mfreed like that... :4: hope you understand why i went beserk... guy came out of nowhere...

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
'S ok with me...you didn't sound that harsh. Methinks the named one should remain nameless....kinda went poof didn't he.....

hehehehe

·
MOtivated!
48 Posts
I am trying to find an SE...it's the only option for me coming from a 5-spd. Maxima. If it didn't have the tiptronic, I wouldn't even be looking at it. It's the best of both manual and automatic worlds and makes driving such a fun-looking vehicle, well, fun!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the 6 speed manu-matic in the SE is pretty kewl (have to admit I like my real 6 speed in my Z better!)....but it is great when you want to get lazy and throw it back into drive and let the CVT do the shifting...my only gripe is that some of the "gear" ratios seem to be very close to each other...but other than that thumbs up with the whole murano "experience"....good luck with yours

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the 6 speed manu-matic in the SE is pretty kewl (have to admit I like my real 6 speed in my Z better!)....but it is great when you want to get lazy and throw it back into drive and let the CVT do the shifting...my only gripe is that some of the "gear" ratios seem to be very close to each other...but other than that thumbs up with the whole murano "experience"....good luck with yours

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ah.. Proxy

Yes, but you can't IP ban when someones uses a proxy server. Can you ban as fast as the browser rotates proxy servers? Hmm.. No

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by mfreed
Please don't ban me. I'll have to open another free email account and re-register and that would take me like 3 minutes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It takes 15 seconds to ban.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts