Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
04 Pewter For sale: 12K miles only $25K

Help me sell my MO. I am getting a new house and the payments for a gas guzzler are too much.

It is a 2004 Pewter, FWD Auto, V6 with only 12K on it.

It is in awesome condition, almost brand new. The front windows have been tinted close to that of the rears, but a little lighter tint.

Premium Pkg.,
SE,
Power-adjustable pedals, Bose AM/FM/cassette w/in-dash 6-disc CD changer, cargo cover and net, roof rails.

SE Powertrain
3.5-liter V6 engine, continuously variable transmission (CVT)

Safety
dual front airbags, front side airbags, curtain side airbags, front-seat active head restraints, antilock 4-wheel disc brakes, brake assist

Comfort and Convenience Features
air conditioning w/dual-zone automatic climate controls, power steering, tilt leather-wrapped steering wheel w/radio controls, cruise control, cloth upholstery, front bucket seats, 10-way power driver seat w/lumbar adjustment, center console, cupholders, split folding rear seat, power mirrors, power windows, power door locks, remote keyless entry, AM/FM/CD player, digital clock, tachometer, trip computer, outside-temperature indicator, compass, illuminated visor mirrors, automatic day/night rearview mirror, universal garage-door opener, map lights, variable-intermittent wipers, remote fuel-door/liftgate release, rear defogger, intermittent rear wiper, automatic headlights

Appearance and Miscellaneous
theft-deterrent system, rear privacy glass, rear spoiler, fog lights

Special Purpose, Wheels and Tires
235/65R18 tires, alloy wheels,

SE adds to: Powertrain
manual-shift capability

Appearance and Miscellaneous
xenon headlights

Check some pics here: http://www.nissanforums.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=1971&sort=1&cat=3&page=1

Payed $32K, selling for $25K.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
manydubs said:
Asking to much?
To get a response from interested parties you need to be specific on the options that your MO has. Right now I see only things that are prety much standard, except for the Bose stereo. List the packages, interior options, VCD, Navigation, etc...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All Power options, No Navigation, 6-Disc in dash CD. Cloth Black interior. Nothing special like yours. You seem to be the king of aftermarket interoir options however-WOW! :D

·
Registered
433 Posts
To save you the time w/ questions..I would definitely post pics of the interior and exterior.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
You might want to list exactly what option packages you have. From your description it sounds like you have a FWD SL with just the premium package. No leather, no VDC, no sunroof, no NAV.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I agree with Eric...and since I just recently sold my 04 MO I think the price might be a little high...miles are low, but really no options...

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
If you have SE then you should have HID. I think if you mention that in your ad plus sunroof (if you have it) it would help sell you car better. Just trying to be helpful...:)

·
Registered
466 Posts
HID is another name for xeon headlights....According to Edmunds.com private party value is 24,627...Good luck selling it....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the 411 on the HIDs. I am not using edmunds, I go by Kelly Blue Book value, which is $25.5K. But thanks anyway.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Dude,
If you REALLY want to sell it, this Forum is for MURANO FANATICS, which you apparently aren't. The things these people are asking you to list are everything a potential Murano Owner NEEDS to know! Details, Details, Details here are what matters.

Now, Go back and READ your Sticker that was on the window when you bought the vehicle. Then POST "everything" that was listed on it. Then take pics of the interior & odometer reading. That will help you TREMENDOUSLY!

PS Don't think about getting a job in Sales anywhere, you'll starve!:1pat:

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
KBB versus edmunds...

Thanks for the 411 on the HIDs. I am not using edmunds, I go by Kelly Blue Book value, which is $25.5K. But thanks anyway
KBB is mostly high.
Dealer uses the BLACK BOOK. to determine trade in / buy price....
The best price/guideline outthere is edmunds as far as i know as it IS one of the closest to Black book.

You can use any guide book value you want.
It is what the people who are lloking for a murano willing to pay that really matters anyway....
A friend of mine tries to sell his roadster forever because he is not willing to budge on the price, a bit higher than the KBB he is asking.

Good luck

·
Registered
177 Posts
SugarRush,
You are sooooooooooo right! I have a friend who is a broker and have looked at his BlkBk & Edmunds IS the closest to it!

He doesn't seem to have a clue of Basic ECO 101, "What the Market Will Bear!" In this case, "Let The SELLER Beware!"
:25:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
In addition, I am not an Economics major or a marketing salesperson. I have had alot of success selling my cars via the KBB price. There is no need to be negative, it is just that everyone on he is a Nissan fanatic, already ownes a nice MO and what do they need to pay full price for another. I will take your advice and try to reach another market place, like autotrader folks. Thanks for your negative and smart ass coments. Real mature!:3:

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
manydubs said:
In addition, I am not an Economics major or a marketing salesperson. I have had alot of success selling my cars via the KBB price. There is no need to be negative, it is just that everyone on he is a Nissan fanatic, already ownes a nice MO and what do they need to pay full price for another. I will take your advice and try to reach another market place, like autotrader folks. Thanks for your negative and smart ass coments. Real mature!:3:
I did not find the comments as negative. A bit frank maybe, but not negative, and certainly with the idea to help you sell your car. The rest is really up to you....:)

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
manydubs..

manydubs: I dont have the sticker, so sorry. I am a VW fanatic anyway!
Sorry if the earlier comments sounds negative.
The forum members, i think, are just trying to help by providing some inputs in selling the MO.

Anyway, I am an avid audi/vw fans myself.
I own audis since 1996 - 2002 and have always been a hardcore forum member at audiworld.com and vwvortex.com. Search for "sugarrush". Yes, they make good cars indeed; a joy to drive.

Good to know that you have some experiences in selling cars in the past. That will help!

One rethorical question for you though: isnt selling cars, regardless the brands (VW or Nissan), alike? It always start with the pictures then manufacture date/year, *complete* specifications, milage, condition, mods, and in the end asking price+your contact number? :4:

Good luck!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts