Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just a bought an 04 SL. Might anyone know how much it would cost to have a the sat installed? Is this someting that could be done by me?
I see here that the 03's had a problem, and it appears that the 04 has that problem corrected?
Is it simple now with the 04 to have it installed?
Do you have to go through the dealership?

I need that damn button to function. It just cant sit there looking at me all the time.............................

:2:

·
Registered
466 Posts
It is very very simple to do...Just purchase the XM tuner kit from your dealer...I paid around $300.00 for it...It will include the tuner and the antenna. I installed my antenna in the hatch where the brake light is, so you don't see it. It took me maybe an hour to do everything...send me a PM if you need any help...

·
Registered
1 Posts
:eek: I would not install the antenna anywhere but on the outside of the MO. I had mine placed inside the hatch, where the rear break lite is, and the reception faded on the higher numbered channels, took much longer to load, and some sound dropped out when the buffer was full. I had the antenna moved to the top of the MO, where it typically would be installed, and the reception is perfect.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What does the tuner look like? My impression is that the tuner is hidden. Would that be correct?

·
4,664 Posts
I almost replied earlier, but had to go get some eggs for breakfast!

There's a thread in the audio section that talks about this.

I also suggest you have a look at my site below (see the link) and look in my links as there's another site that shows installations.

I suggest for your '04, you read the Nissan installation instructions, have a look at the resources and then you can decide if you feel comfortable doing the install. It's really not too bad, especially since you'll have the harness in already. You have to put the antenna on, run the wires, plug them and the harness in, and stick the Sat receiver to the Murano with the included double sided foam.

You'll love it!:D

Here's a link to the installation manual

http://www.courtesyparts.com/satellite_radio/MY04 Murano.pdf

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Jaak.
I am not the most tech savy guy. However, it reads kinda easy.
I wonder what the install price would be?
:confused:

·
4,664 Posts
I think I saw someone quoted $100. It's actually pretty easy to do, so it's up to you. The worst part is cutting the notch if you don't have a tool for that. Radio Scrap still sells a metal nibbling tool, which is perfect for cutting the notch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts