Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NB here, got some weird whining noise from what sounds like the front wheels. Noticed shortly after the 1st tire rotation. Had NTB check it out and they said it is nothing with the tires, more like drive train.

Are there any current issue with the new drive train?
Sounds like it might be a wheel bearing or the transmission.

The sounds occurs when decelerating, can here best when slowing down a off-ramp. It almost sounds like something is unwinding and is not effected by applying the brakes.

2004 SE Murano, Auto...FWD...11K miles....:3:

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Does it sound like a whirring? Like a turbo spinning down on a semi?
If so, it is normal. A lot of us here have heard that.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I guess it does. I have read other posts that ppl had to get their wheel bearing replaced and others had the CVT replaced or worked on. These are not common problems and a common sound associated with such?

Some of the CVT sticky posts are similar.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Went to the dealer again for the 2nd time and they said they could not hear anything and that it is probably nothing! :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
welllll.....somewhere we discussed (a good while back) hearing a whir on slowing down that sounded distinctly like a tractor trailer's turbo spinning down, of course waaaay quieter, but just about the same pitch. I noticed it with less than 5k on mine when I had the windows down and happened to be beside a sound reflective brick wall as I was slowing down for a stop sign. We agreed then that it actually sounded kinda cool....(yeah, I have a turbo).
hehe
Maybe it's a CVT thing.....not a bad thing, just an inherent thing.
I have almost 13k on mine now, drive the heck out of her and (knock wood) no problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts