Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts

·
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link. The accel times vary as mush as the reported gas mileage.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have a G-Tech that I was going to try out once the MO was broken in. It has 1600 miles on it now, but it is at the dealer for the drivetrain vibration problem. I'll try a few 0-60 runs when I get it back. I'm guessing a little under 8 seconds.

JeffC

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
My personal 0-60 yr. time seemed to go by like a flash!

GRIP :D

·
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lawbroker said:
are you testing 0-60 in 'D' or in 'Ds'
I do not know if it would make a lot of difference. It seems that if you started at low RPM in either range, and then applied full throttle, RPMs would go to 6000 in either case. Certainly partial throttle acceleration and rolling response in Ds is peppier. Someone with more experience can answer that. I only have 1400 miles so am being careful.

Hey Don, you have not broken in your MO yet, have you?

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
No Just Me and Grippee

.:D

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
vfr said:

I do not know if it would make a lot of difference. It seems that if you started at low RPM in either range, and then applied full throttle, RPMs would go to 6000 in either case. Certainly partial throttle acceleration and rolling response in Ds is peppier. Someone with more experience can answer that. I only have 1400 miles so am being careful.

Hey Don, you have not broken in your MO yet, have you?
Ds (or S) and L give snappier acceleration during the first second when starting from a stop. There are doubts that these provide faster 0-60 times. I feel they give faster times, and at some point I would like to take some measurements.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have noticed its much harder to get the engine to near-redline without it being in S mode.

Of course I didnt actually try very hard, and didnt redline in either case since we are still in break-in...

But my guess is S mode sure wouldnt hurt!

·
4,601 Posts
Tyler_Canada said:

Ds (or S) and L give snappier acceleration during the first second when starting from a stop. There are doubts that these provide faster 0-60 times. I feel they give faster times, and at some point I would like to take some measurements.
I agree... I've taken mine to 70 Mph from a stop light, in L.

The transmission software is smarter than we are.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts