Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any idea as to when the '05 Murano will be available?

A Nissan dealer I spoke to yesterday told me that it's quite possible the new model won't be in showrooms until December does this sound correct?

There's some sweet deals out there on '04's but I'd wait for an '05 if I could get delivery in early Nov.

Thanks in advance.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
when i bought my 03 around early nov, the 04 model was just being ordered

by the dealer and already on the way from Japan but it is not until mid dec the 04 model arrived.
Perhaps this will give you an idea when the 05 model arrives than.
Good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info.

I'm intrigued by the '05's Intelligent Key option as well as the rear camera but the prices are so good on the '04 that I'm having a hard time passing it up.

Decisions.....decisions......

Hows the Murano in the snow? We get some pretty decent white stuff here in the NY area. Any regrets about the 'mo not having full-time AWD?

·
Registered
18 Posts
keys,

I was in the exact same predicament as you last week. It was between waiting an unknown, but not necessarily long, time for an '05 with some pretty cool added options (rear view cam and intelli-key) or get a great deal on an '04 that was loaded with NAV.

In the end, I went with the '04 because I really couldn't justify giving up such a good deal. If I had waited for the '05, I would not have had nearly the latitude in negotiating the price that I had with a model that the dealership was just itching to sell. And at the price that they offered me, I was glad to take it off of their hands. I pick it up tomorrow evening and the shakes aren't getting any easier to deal with.

I hope this helps with your decision.

·
Registered
14 Posts
When I called Nissan, they wouldn't give me an exact date but said that generally new models are available in mid-October.

I personally am waiting for the 05s for three reasons.

1. They did not have an 04 in stock with the options I wanted within a 100 mile radius of my house.

2. The steering problem that Consumer Reports discusses is supposedly fixed with the 05 model.

3. I am a sucker for gadgets and really want both the intelligent key and the backup camera.

·
Registered
18 Posts
er2s,

Yeah, the stock for the '04 around here has been dropping steadily... which is a good thing, I suppose. As for the steering problem, I know a few people with the '04, including my father, and they all say that it's a problem that doesn't appear very often and is manageable... but if it has been resolved with the '05 then that's only good news. And the gadgets... that was the hardest part for me in making the decision to go with and '04. I really would have liked to have the added features but, at the same respect, they are not critical and you have to remember that pricing for this model hasn't been released. It is probable that the options will cost a little bit more due to the added goodies. I just couldn't justify the wait.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
if you are not sensitive with price, meaning

you are willing to pay the amount ranging from gettting the 04 now to full msrp price, then i think you should wait for the 05. This ensure that you get all the gadgets and fixes of the 05.

In my case, i did not want to pay too much for the MO (it is a 'nissan') and the base model 03 being the end-year model gives me much better deal.

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
One additional thing that I'm waiting on the 05 for is that I'm hoping that they change thier option packages a bit. I want the VDC package, but refuse to get leather. On the 04 you have to get the touring package (which includes leather) before you can add VDC. In my opinion that is really stupid, since there is no technical reason why it would be needed, and in my opinion a stability package for ANY vehicle should either be standard or an option that can be applied to even a base model.

I think the backup camera is a very cool feature, but I doubt I will go for that since you have to get the nav unit. I don't want to pay $2k for a built-in nav unit when I can get one just as good that is NOT built in (more versatile) for half the price. <sigh>

I'm going to see if I can work it out with the dealer to get the updated screen and backup camera without getting NAV if it's not too expensive, but it sounds like the screen upgrade IS the major price component of the NAV so we'll just have to see.

In either case, the 04 is no longer an option for me because I can no longer get the options that I want. All along I would have had to order from the factory. The combination that I want (everything except leather) is just not very common, so they don't bother mass-producing them that way. Since you can't order the 04 from the factory anymore, it doesn't do me much good to even consider it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
nine20eight

So, what kind of deal did you get? I'm in the same situation between getting the 04 and waiting for the 05, but if I can get an 04 for a good price I might do that. Just wondering what a good price for an 04 is at this time of the year.

·
Registered
18 Posts
OsCaR,

I got the '04 SL AWD with all options and packages except for DVD Entertainment and SAT. I went with the 2% financing option and the total drive-out price came out to $35,700 after all was said and done. I added the Autobahnd clearbra for $500 which covers the front, mirrors, and headlights. That was done at the dealership, as well. The deal was too good to pass up for me as I probably would end up spending a few extra K's to get the same options on the '05.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
OsCaR said:
I got quoted for an SL with the touring package with a walk-out price of $31,820 do you that's good?
That is a great price, much less than what I paid a month and half ago and I don't even have touring. At that price I would be tempted to buy a second one!

·
4,664 Posts
keys said:
Thanks for the info.

I'm intrigued by the '05's Intelligent Key option as well as the rear camera but the prices are so good on the '04 that I'm having a hard time passing it up.

Decisions.....decisions......

Hows the Murano in the snow? We get some pretty decent white stuff here in the NY area. Any regrets about the 'mo not having full-time AWD?
It's fun in the snow...:D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Jaak.

That is the picture of your MO right? Great picture. Why did you install the front license bracket if you did not have to use it? I am supposed to but I will keep the plate (and the frame) in the back and if I get stopped I will say I am on my way to the dealer to have it installed because the bumper needs to be drilled. Let's hope I can get away with it for a long time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I purchased mine a couple weeks ago, 04 Sl awd all options expect NAV, sticker showed 36,700, I paid 31500, it was a dealer demo with 5300 miles on it.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Z, I think jaak just photoshopped out his plate for privacy. you're lucky, when I got my MO from the dealer the front bracket had already been installed so I had to leave it since they drill it. :mad: I dont want a front plate so I just put on a chrome half plate that says "MURANO" on it. Hopefully I dont get pulled over either. I am also in the bay area. Me and simplesb from this site met in san leandro last week to check out each others MO's and have drinks, next time we do that you should come too. I would like to see your front window tint. Does it match the back tint? I want to do that to mine but I am afraid I'll get pulled over for that too. But I'll probably end up doing it anyways.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
jaycen29 said:
Me and simplesb from this site met in san leandro last week to check out each others MO's and have drinks, next time we do that you should come too. I would like to see your front window tint. Does it match the back tint? I want to do that to mine but I am afraid I'll get pulled over for that too. But I'll probably end up doing it anyways.
I couldn't make it because I was in San Jose and could not get away. Besides, I don't really have any MODs to show off and I thought I would be very jelous when I see you guy's MOs!
The tint is very light. I wanted to put in 35% but the guy said I would get into trouble so I have a 50% instead. It makes all the difference in the sun though.

·
Registered
542 Posts
You should come next time anyway Z...we actually spent most of the time just drinkin and talking about what we wanted to do to our MOs. :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts