Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
I would not want to dig my car out of that. ouch... i have back pain just thinking about it :p

Solution=garage :D

·
Registered
631 Posts
Gonzo, whereabouts in Mass are you? I was born and Worcester and we lived in Worcester and Rutland until 1988 when we moved out west.

·
Registered
81 Posts
It's a snowbound car, but it looks like the meter maid was "kind" enough to clear a space to place the parking ticket.

On top of the 2 to 3 feet we got last weekend, they are predicting another 8 to 10 inches today into tonight. There is no place left to put the snow.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
You've got to be kidding me that they handed out parking tickets in that weather! Funny picture!

·
Registered
309 Posts
I was up in Cape Cod the week between xmas and new years. I went up there the day after the snow storm. I was watching the boston news and they talked about Boston giving tickets to cars snowed in along the sidewalks for having their cars parked their during a snow storm advisory in effect in the city... supposedly when that happens you have to move your cars from their parking spots or get slapped with a ticket.

In NYC, they let the cars stay parked in their spots for days, regardless of parking signs.

Ron993 - Ouch is for the pain I get after shoveling snow for over an hour to get your car out.... did that once.... yes yes yes i know lift with your legs.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
I'm with Eric, the gall, and assiduousness's of handing out tickets in such weather is unbelievable. Where did reasonableness and human dignity go?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have pics like that too.. I'll post them - as soon as I figure out how to post them on this board.. is there a FAQ? I must be blind from all the snow glare the past several days.....

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'll offer up the possibility the ticket was written before the storm as it appears the only snow disturbed is where the ticket is, as if the owner/photographer knew it was there and sensed a good photo op.

I'm usually wrong though and perhaps meter maids do write tickets in blizzards:eek:

·
Registered
418 Posts
In our city, you have 24 hrs after storm ends to move your car...if vehicle still there when the snow plows arrives, vehicle is ticketed and or towed ...thats expensive..

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Trev said:
I'll offer up the possibility the ticket was written before the storm as it appears the only snow disturbed is where the ticket is, as if the owner/photographer knew it was there and sensed a good photo op.

I'm usually wrong though and perhaps meter maids do write tickets in blizzards:eek:
Hmmm, the "proof" of a post blizzard ticket would be if one of the license plates has also been cleared away. :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
special-k said:
Gonzo, whereabouts in Mass are you? I was born and Worcester and we lived in Worcester and Rutland until 1988 when we moved out west.
I know my name's not Gonzo :) but I lived in Worcester for 18 years. I'm in Marlborough now.

Personally, it's time to move south - all this cold and snow is really annoying :)

·
5,100 Posts
Great point, ERIC L

·
Registered
631 Posts
cinergi said:

I know my name's not Gonzo :) but I lived in Worcester for 18 years. I'm in Marlborough now.

Personally, it's time to move south - all this cold and snow is really annoying :)
LOL... I haven't been back east much at all in the last 15 years. Let's see... I made one trip to Concord NH last June for a couple days on business. Sadly, I didn't have time to go check out anything fun like Laconia or go for a drive and enjoy the East Coast scenery that I do admit I miss quite a bit... like those tall things with the green dealies hangin' off em.... what do you call those... oh yeah, TREES. And that weird green stuff that covers the ground... out here we call it "dirt" or "tumbleweeds" but I think you guys call it "grass". :2:

OH! But I *DID* get to enjoy an authentic East Coast seafood meal consisting of REAL New England Clam Chowder and a rather large lobster! woo-hoo! That was by far the highlight of my trip. Would you believe that out west here when you order a lobster, you get a tail, and that's it? No claws, no nothing! Blasphemy!!!!!

·
4,664 Posts
Wow, I'm happy I don't live up north... ;)

·
5,100 Posts
North of what the Arctic Circle? :D

·
4,664 Posts
North of about a quarter of the US!

I'm further south than almost all of Maine, including Portland, further south than Minneapolis, about the same as Sioux Falls South Dakota, further south than Boise Idaho, further south than Portland Oregon, Even further south than Eugene Oregon...

I can still be in Canada and be further south than Boston MA, Detroit MI, Milwaukee WI, Northern part of Chicago, Cedar Rapids Iowa and the top of California. Seriously. The top of California is further north then the southern most part of land in Canada.

And my favourite part, if I'm in Windsor Ontario and go north, the first foreign country I get to, is the U.S.! Detroit MI actually...

The world is strange, isn't it!:D

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I live just outside of Boston by about 15 Minutes west.

The City had declared a snow emergency. In fairness to the City most street are pretty narrow. With this much snow if you don't plow it well you are doomed for the rest of the winter.

I don't mind the snow... I got to finally use my new snow thrower ( that I got 2 years ago!, long story) Man I don't think I could have gotten this far without that little gift from heaven.

Time to hit the slopes baby!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts