Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I work on the new Mo, I keep seeing new things that are different from the 04. Being in kind of a unique situation of having had both recently I can hopefully be a good observer. If I make errors about the 04 please correct me. And ADD YOU OWN PLEASE!

I'll start detailing them here, l come back here and add more as I run across them, or they are reported on the forum.

1. Intelligent Key.
2. Rear view Camera.
3. Roll Sensor for Side Air Cushion Activation.
4. Changed Cup Holder in Front.
5. Different shade Black Leather Interior.
6. Pre wired for entertainment System.
7. Rear Hatch opens with a push panel.
8. Intelligent lock buttons on front door handles and rear hatch.
9. New power steering mechanism.
10. The seat track is longer and different as least on drivers side.
11. Assist Handle over drivers door.
12. Battery is bigger.
13. Brighter Light indicators next to shifter.
14. Rear Cup holder opens with a button.
15. Improved Alternator output curve.
16. AWD lock now goes off at 6mph instead of 19.
17. NAV display unit wired differently
18. Enlarged Sunroof.
19. SRS timing changed.
20. Rear Hatch hinge covers.
21. Improved rear window Wiper.
22. Consumer Reports Recommendation.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I was at my local Nissan dealership a couple of weeks ago and was looking at the 05 Muranos they had on the lot. They had one each of the Merlot and the Platinum, and I absolutely loved both of those new colors! It looked like they had redesigned the rear wiper a bit and that it might actually stick on the rear glass better than the 03s and 04s. Can you confirm that?

Jeff

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Dennis Fink said:
Do the lights in the shift indicators on the console dim and brighten in concert with the rest of the dash lights? In the past, you had to get the dash really bright before these lights would show up.

I've never noticed this as a problem, but then it wouldn't bug me either because there is another indicator on the gauges.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Grip

What are the changes to the power steering mechanism ?

I just bought a 2005 platinum SE AWD with Charcoal leather interior and so far the car is perfect. I have no rattles, the fit and finish looks very good, the CVT is really smooth and on the freeway going about 60-65 mph the display showed 25.2 mpg and driving around the neighborhood I have seen numbers like 19 to 21 mpg. The car only has 135 miles on it so far and the mpg figures were obtained by resetting the mpg readings at various times then observing the mpg readings some time later.

Also my interior is Charcoal leather and I believe it is the same as the 2004 color, a really nice dark gray black.

·
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Battery has now beeen measured and the 05 is longer than the 03, will check light on shift tonight.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Dennis Fink said:
Depending on who is riding shotgun, sometimes there is a race to see who can "I AGREE" first.
My brother is the king of the "I AGREE" button. I can't wait until I buy the NONAG from generator. He's definitely going to be bummed. :2:

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
does anyone know if they made that darn rear whiper better. alot of snow and dust and such tends to get stuck to the rear end of the mo and my whiper wipes in 3 streaks. extremely pathetic. sure it looks good but functionality is mere.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Gripper- Is the new battery on the 05's maintenance free? There were a lot of complaints in the past that the batteries weren't, although I'm not sure if it was only 03s or 04s as well.

·
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No it still has screw ports for adding water. Down here in Arizona, we routinely reject "maintenance free" batteries as inferior. Their use of sealed ports with "condensers don't work well enough in hot climates under hot hoods. My Mercedes have NON maintenance free design also. So even though some complain, we don't it is actually cheaper to make " maintenance free" batteries according to the guys a Checker Auto (assuming they would know)

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
GripperDon said:
4. Changed Cup Holder in Front.
7. Rear Hatch opens with a push panel.
These two I did realize had changed when I quickly test drove the 05 (I was just making sure nothing big was screwed up since I had driven the 04 so many times).

What is the difference with the cup holders? And what do you mean by the rear hatch opening witha push panel? Do you mean from the inside?

·
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The removable insert on the left side of the cup holder is gone an a redesigned "both side" removable tray is supplied.

The manual "pull handle" above the rear license plate has been replaced with a rubber covered Push panel about an inch by two just to the right of the rear view camera plus the addition of a chrome unlock button in the middle of the bottom section of the right back up lamp.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Great information.

I am hoping that by the time I come off lease in another 3 years that they at least address the front wiper issues. It would be nice if they took the front wipers into consideration as well as ther rear, but I guess I'll have to wait and see.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Gripper,

Have you noticed any changes in the handling w/ the new power steering system?
I guess they changed it to address the "flaw" that CR has been obsessed with, but i'm wondering if the steering now feels a little more indirect. I hope that Nissan didn't just up the boost.

What are your thoughts on this?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Go to this website for an interesting review of the European Murano:

http://www.channel4.com/4car/road-tests/N/nissan/murano05-/murano05--intro.html

The European Murano looks like our SE model with the same wheels and the 6 speed manual mode. The article says the suspension is better than our version and will be in the 2006 models here. The photo gallery has very nice pictures of the platinum color with the charcoal leather interior.

·
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As I understand the "Flaw" basically boils down to a lack of steering boost at low engine speed. Leading to possibilities of engine loading and poor steering response at low speed. That definitely seems to have be eliminated There also does seem to be less "heaviness" at speed but not a loss of road feel. All in all a successful improvement IMHO.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Reply to GripperDon:

PS waht are we doing up at this hour?
I have heard that people who love their new car so much woke up in the middle of the night and waxed/polished the vehicle . We do need help on this excessive compulsive disorder againts our car :2:

·
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That also applies to those that are up "reading the Forum"

·
4,664 Posts
I find this perfectly normal and still can't understand why anyone would sleep when they could look at their Murano.

The only problem I'm having, is it's getting cold in the garage, so I may have to start sleeping in my bed with my wife again. She won't come out to warm me up.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
jaak said:
IThe only problem I'm having, is it's getting cold in the garage, so I may have to start sleeping in my bed with my wife again. She won't come out to warm me up.
Do what I do. Take a heater to the garage. Both you and the MO will warm up together!!! :2:

·
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You already know what is coming next. Come for a wintertime visit to ARIZONA where is really only cool at night and so just a little electric heater does the job very well.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts