Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front cup holder won't securely hold a can of pop. It will
slide around and rattle. Very annoying! I've read some other
posts about a flip down thiny but I don't think the '05 has that?

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Don't know if the 05 has it or not.
Just to be sure we are talking abut the same thing, here is a pix of the thingy down.
It lays up against the cupholder top and is hard to see until you pull it down.

Homer

Attachments

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Here is another quick shot of the thingy pulled away from the top of the cupholder, but not all the way down.
Note also that there is an "insert" that you can pull out and turn over to resize the holder on one side. The insert has a hole in the middle that you can insert your finger in and pull.

But in the end, Nissan could learn a lot from the American Car guys on how to build an adjustable cup holder.
If you think this is bad, wait till you see the ones in the back.......

Homer

Attachments

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
I HAVE A THINGY

G.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I almost posted this last week...from the day I picked up my 2005 I thought my thingy was not installed correctly..it stayed flipped up and wouldn't go down. Last week, I finally got around to (and brave enough) to pull the thingy off and put in the down position. Now it works much better. If your 2005 is like mine, pull the thingy off and reposition it.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
toofargone said:
...from the day I picked up my 2005 I thought my thingy was not installed correctly..it stayed flipped up and wouldn't go down.....
Go toofargone, go.....:2:

·
Registered
415 Posts
Err....I never noticed my thingy.. I guess I will have to open it and look down:2: Hopefully it is as big as the can of soda...hee hee...

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
May the best thread since tigers wife

G.

·
Registered
301 Posts
hfelknor said:
Here is another quick shot of the thingy pulled away from the top of the cupholder, but not all the way down.
Note also that there is an "insert" that you can pull out and turn over to resize the holder on one side. The insert has a hole in the middle that you can insert your finger in and pull.

But in the end, Nissan could learn a lot from the American Car guys on how to build an adjustable cup holder.
If you think this is bad, wait till you see the ones in the back.......

Homer
My '05 thingy folds down with no problem. I've been able to do it at will from the start. But I don't have an insert with a hole that homer's showing in his second picture.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Homer's post is a "pre-05" cup holder. 03 and 04 models have a bracket that can fold UP to be out of the way, or flips down to hold a can of pop (the way it is shown in his picture.

On the 05, the cup holder is designed differently. First of all, we don't have the insert. Secondly, the bracket is spring-loaded. Thirdly, it fold DOWN rather than UP. In the "normal" position, the bracket is in the UP position, where it can hold a can of pop and looks similar to Homer's picture. If you try to put a larger cup or something in there, the bracket will fold DOWN, compressing the spring and moving out of your way. As soon as you remove the cup, it springs back up into the "can" position.

The 05 cup holder is much better, in my opinion. (for the front, that is. The rear ones still suck just as bad)

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Different cupholders?
Well I'll be darned.
The other difference is that the 04-05 owners spent ALL their money on their MOs. :D

They had no money left for a digital camera.
So, most don't post pictures............

Come on guys.
I'm only half kidding.
Pictures speak a thousand words.
and there is no doubt that the "old" guys (The 03 guys) posted many more pix in the old days, than the new guys.

Post MORE PIX!:2:

Homer

·
Registered
67 Posts
hfelknor said:
Post MORE PIX!:2:

Homer
I was feeling that way too, Homer, so I took some this am before driving to work. Will post when I get home. (I took a few others for a few other threads, too :)

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
hfelknor said:

They had no money left for a digital camera.
So, most don't post pictures............
Unfortunately my digital camera didn't appreciate the joy-ride I gave it of tumbling down a very steep 50 foot dirt bank. Actually, it could have just been the rocks at the bottom. Or the fact that it bounced off 2 or 3 trees on the way down. Or the fact that when I went down after it, I accidentally ended up stepping on it.

In either case, it is now grumpy and refusing to work properly. You know how these electronic things get when they feel they're not loved anymore... :rolleyes:

So I'm back to pleading with the boss to let me get a new and improved one. :D In the meantime, no pictures from me! :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts