Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was replacing lower control arm and it wouldn't give. I finally got it out but seen the pinch bolt was rusted the new control arm came with one but it looked thinner. Does look thick enough to go into the Grove on the ball joint. Is there a part number where I can get it from Amazon. Added image for visual of how my ball joint is. Thanks in advance.
Auto part Cosmetics Nail Font Metal

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
You say the new bolt looks thinner, but did you actually measure the diameter of each and compare them? How does the new bolt fit through the steering knuckle?

2nd generation pinch bolt is JIS specification M12x1.25 thread pitch. I would guess that the 1st generation is the same. Usually, with suspension bolts you can clean them up and reuse them if they weren't damaged during removal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will have to check tomorrow to make sure but the new felt if it had dodge and the old one was tighter. I wish I could you the old one but I messed up the threads it was really stuck

·
Registered
148 Posts
Are you sure the new bolts are actually thinner? I replaced the control arms on my '05 recently. In my case, the new nuts and bolts have the same thread size as the original, but the socket size of the nuts are smaller, 19mm vs the original 22mm. If you get the bolts from a different source, make sure they not only match the original thread size but also the same or better strength grade. They may be available at Nissan dealers too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts