Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a rattle in my 05 in the driver and passenger visors. It doesn't rattle when the visor is in the down position. I had the GM ride with me and he is ordering a new visor for me. I just saw that there was a TSB for a rattle on the 03 - 04 and they replaced the clip. I didn't see a TSB for the 05s but I was wondering if the rattle I'm experiencing is the same problem...

·
Registered
255 Posts
I've got that rattle in my 05 passenger side as well. I was going to either grease the fitting or put some felt in the clip to quiet it down. Let me know if the new clips work or not. I hate to go to the dealer because of the time it usually wastes.

·
Registered
120 Posts
me too, 05, driver side.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
i also have the same problem, '05 drivers and passenger side visors only mine is more of like a creaking

·
Registered
120 Posts
anyone have the solution?

·
Registered
12,512 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
if you take it into the dealer they'll probably either replace the clips or put some felt around the part that holds the visor in the clip.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I've had the felt on for a few weeks now. The squeak is all gone and it seems to be holding up OK. Hot climates might not work as well as the glue on the back of the felt might never set up. I'm sure the dealer would have fixed this, but this was a no-cost, no time, idiot proof repair for me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They replaced my visor today and I'm assuming it came with new clips because it's not making any noise now.

·
Registered
23 Posts
rixmo said:
or put some felt in the clip to quiet it down.
Had the same problem on my '04 and had new clips installed. Still squeeked/creaked so I put small pieces of felt in the slots on the clips and all is good again. There is a simple solution to every problem.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts