Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone with an 06 notice that at night the backup camera has a lot of snow (static) on it? i believe when i got it at first it didn't have as much static on it until i started adjusting the picture...now i can't seem to get rid of all the static anymore.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I can't believe that it is normal for the camera to only work satisfactorily for a few weeks or months and then develop "static".
That's normal?

Homer

·
Registered
117 Posts
its cuase at night, they raise the white balance... or something like that...
essentially they camera goes into "night mode" like on a camcorder or your digital camera... in this mode the camera is much more sensative to light... can appear to look staticy due to this.

unless the whole image is pure snow.. i think it is ok.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Anyhow you can see the noise in the pic taken by the D550 compared to the istDS. And the D550 wanted to use the flash where the istDS determined it didn't. Bottom line the istDS just is a much better camera, doesn't need as much light, and wider dynamic range, better signal to noise. But it also costs more. Typically though, the D550 takes plenty good shots. I kind of look at the backup camera the same way. It's good enough. I'll try to get a pic of the rearview tonight when it's dark so you can see the noise.

On a side note, pretty tough to take pics of that color screen. First because of the low light but also because of moire. Moire is caused by the superimposition of (the image of) the display scan lines on the array of CCD pixels in the digital camera. This results from not following the sampling theorem, the resolution of a single pixel is not less than half the highest spatial frequency on the display screen.

See the attached pic which exemplifies the moire. The bands are caused by the regular pattern of the pixels on the display screen and the pixels in the camera. Since the camera was not absolutely perpendicular to the screen, the moiré lines converge to the left.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
mine has always had the static, always looked normal to me.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Well, I know when I look at it, I'm looking at a picture of picture of a picture...........

But that's really not very good. The so called day shot that is.

Homer

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
The signal to noise ratio of the system is the reality.

In the day with a strong signal generated by good lighting the picture is fine at night or in dim lighting conditions the input signal drops so the noise becomes evident. If you want to improve on this install brighter backup lights. I did and it made a good improvement. (No I don't remember the nmber of the bulb.sorry)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts