Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So having seen many 06 Muarno's with their new front Grill I would like to perhaps swap my 03 for an 06... does anyone know if its plug and play or plug and pray?

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Gonzo-

I would bet it is a simple, direct swap. But then again, I also thought the LED tail lights and the roof-rack installation would be a simple, direct swap.

Is the '06 grill that much different from the '03?

-njjoe

·
Registered
438 Posts
It's just the lower "grille" that has a chrome accent, right? The upper grille looks exactly the same on the 06 I saw. The lower "grille" is an integral part of the plastic bumper cover. However, I wonder if that chrome accent isn't just applied after paint.

·
Registered
828 Posts
The 06 grill (upper) has four vertical columns per side vs. three for 03-05.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm looking at the top front grill. Its nice and is not "chrome" but rather toned down a little. It also has an "overlap" between the top and bottom grill lines.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Gonzo-

I see what you mean. After looking at the pics in the catalog I have to agree with you. I think the '06 grill looks more sculptured, more in style with the rest of the car.

Great, now there's another item I can add to the list of why I like the '06 better than the '05.

-njjoe

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I agree.
I wouldn't have thought that the grill could have been improved........it's (the old one) so poorly integrated with the rest of the car as to have cost many sales IMO.

The new one, which is obviously a tweaking of the old, is amazingly better looking.

Homer

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Having seen it in person it also looks more "substantial" and better quality.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
I went to Home Depot today (BTW, a 10 foot 2x4 fits perfectly inside the cabin from corner to corner) and parked nose to nose with an '06 (also platinum, almost like looking in a mirror). Got a nice close-up look at that new grill. Very nice. I probably wouldn't have even replaced it like I did my '05 grill.

Not only are there more "teeth" and it's a slightly tinted chrome, but the shape of those teeth are different as well. A little sharper cut inward, not so bubbly.

Very nice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts