Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first found one of these, I thought it might just be a typo or something. But I've been looking at inventories of '06s at Texas dealers (on nissanusa.com) to see what's out there, and I've run across this particular package 3 times now.

It's an SL 2WD, Platinum/Charcoal, listed as having the "Touring Package with XM Satellite Radio", with Cloth interior.

Touring on '03-'05s always meant Leather, didn't it? So this is new?

Edit: Found another one, but Super Black/Charcoal.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
According to NissanUSA and CarsDirect, the Touring package INCLUDES the leather package.

So, either the package descriptions haven't changed and it IS possible, or the idiots at the dealerships that are setting their inventory up for searching are screwing up.

My money is on stupid dealerships.

Call them up and challenge them on it. Ask how much less they charge for a touring package without leather than one with.

I would have gotten the touring package (as well as some other options that require the touring package) if I could get it without leather. I even offered to pay the full price of the touring package if they could swap out my leather seats with cloth ones. They said they couldn't.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree that it's never been available, so I thought it was odd. I'm not personally interested in it, but I thought I remembered someone here in your situation - wanted Touring but didn't want leather - so I thought it might be of interest. :)

FYI, I AM finding these on nissanusa. ThereÕs one at Courtesy in Richardson (TX), another at Bankston in Dallas, IÕve seen more. I wouldn't trust an individual dealer site, either. ;)

But, now that I look at it, I think it IS a website glitch. Vehicles with the ÒSL Touring Package w/Sirius" (or XM, G05 or G06) option seem to incorrectly indicate cloth seats in the vehicle description, both in the main list for each dealer and on the individual vehicle page. They also donÕt list all the included packages under Touring on the individual page like they are normally listed.

HereÕs a screenshot of the vehicle page.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Normally, there's a list of all the included packages in the Packages and Options section (see below). That list isn't there on the odd ones I'm finding, so it's kinda confusing.

But the 2006 dealer pricing page someone posted a while back only indicates the normal Touring w/Satellite Radio packages, so I guess it's just a glitch.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
For those of you interested in having a SL without leather. I would more than interested in swapping my as good as new charcoal cloth interior out of my 2005 for your leather interior.

Any takers? :2:

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
biggun said:
For those of you interested in having a SL without leather. I would more than interested in swapping my as good as new charcoal cloth interior out of my 2005 for your leather interior.

Any takers? :2:
That's what I was considering doing. Thought it would be a great deal for a dealership to take me up on. I pay for the leather, but swap it out to another customer that really wanted it but couldn't afford it. Works for me, works for the other guy, and the dealership gets two very happy customers (plus an additional few grand from me since I would have also added on a few other things that require the Touring package).

I asked 2 dealerships about this. They said it couldn't be done.

I don't see why not, I can't imagine that the mounting would be any different. But they flat out refused.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Try special ordering.

We ordered our Toyota Sienna XLE that way. Wanted the sunroof and all the extras that the XLE provided but wanted cloth seats.

After hearing it could not be done by several dealers, we found one that did it.
Done deal.

But..... you'll have to wait a bit longer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts