Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Check the fold-down armrest. I believe it was relocated there from the ridiculous, floor position in previous models.

-njjoe

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The center arm rest moves back and forth but there is no cup holder on the back. Did nissan take rear cup holder out in '06 ?

·
Registered
470 Posts
maximizer said:
The center arm rest moves back and forth but there is no cup holder on the back. Did nissan take rear cup holder out in '06 ?
Look at the center armrest in the back seat that pulls down, not the armrest between the front seats

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
maximizer-

All three versions (S, SL, and SE) of the '06 MO have a rear cupholder integrated into the rear-seat, fold-down armrest. Take a look in your owners manual.

The cupholder may not be readily obvious, but it is there.

-njjoe

·
Registered
252 Posts
My 02 CRV had cup holders in the rear armrest also. It is a better spot but I don't remember ever using it. Im not too fussed with the MOs being on the floor. At least it comes out in a cool way :) Unlike the Xtrail which has the rear cup holder velco'd to the floor carpet!

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
maximizer-

Is there a finder's fee? :D

In your opinion, do the cup holders look practical?

I know from experience that the location for the rear cupholder on the pre-'06 models is ridiculous. It's as if the first MO was all set to come off the production line and someone decided it would be a good idea to add rear cup holders. Then they spent all of 5 minutes designing it in. Who in their right mind puts cup holders on the floor?

-njjoe

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rear seat arm rest cup holder location is fine, although I think better location would be front arm rest top (knee height) instead of floor.That way you don't take up so much room in the rear seats just to use cup holders.
Also while I am talking about rear arm rest. Why did they cover the hole behind it? Instead of leaving it open?
I know you can fold the seats down in case you have long cargo, but what if I have 2 people in the back and I need to put skiis in my murano and I don't want skiis on my roof rack.

P.S Don't tell me that cover behind rear arm rest goes down. :)
I am checking this tomorow.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
maximizer said:
P.S Don't tell me that cover behind rear arm rest goes down. :)
I am checking this tomorrow.
:21:

No, the cover doesn't go down. But that is a good idea.

One of the nice things about getting a new car is learning all about the features and nuances.

Enjoy your new Murano.

-njjoe

·
Registered
470 Posts
njjoe said:
maximizer-

Is there a finder's fee? :D

Who in their right mind puts cup holders on the floor?

-njjoe
Njjoe,

My post beat yours by 5 minutes !!!

My 1996 Pathfinder and 1998 VW Passat both have rear cup holders on the floor similar to the Murano. I never use them so it doesn't concern me too much, but they are both broken.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts