Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new member here, great forum. I have a 2003 SL AWD that I am considering trading in on an '06 SE loaded except for Nav.

I remember when i bought mine back on Sept 1, of 2003 they were unloading the '04's that day. My question then is do I wait for the '07's due to any upgrades (minor though they may be) and also for the residual on the lease?

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

BTW looking at black on black, any comments there?

Brian

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
From http://www.nissannews.com/

2007 Nissan Murano

The 2007 Nissan Murano crossover sport utility vehicle continues to combine innovative design and multipurpose SUV functionality with sport sedan-like ride and performance. Murano is powered by a 240-horsepower 3.5-liter DOHC 24-valve V6 rated at 244 lb-ft of torque. The engine is mated to Nissan’s advanced Xtronic CVT for smooth, quiet, responsive acceleration and improved gas mileage.

The Nissan Murano was ranked number one in its segment in the J.D. Power and Associates 2006 Automotive Performance, Execution and Layout (APEAL) Study.

Features of the 2007 Murano include:
· Standard Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
· Driver and passenger seatbelt warning lamps

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Brian, one question, what took you so long to find us on the org?:confused:

As far as the 07, if there has not been any major changes and you can get a great deal on a left over 06, I'd go for the 06. I have not studied the 07 for improvements as of yet.

My color choice would depend on climate. Black on Black in the south, in Florida or the desert would just be too hot in my opinion. I had dark leather once in Florida and kept a towel on the seat just to prevent being burnt like toast. I do concede that a shiny black Mo is probably the prettiest but not always the most practical with heat and a clean appearance. Every spec of dirt shows on a black car but when just waxed, nothing prettier. If you don't mind washing each and every week, its viable.
Bob1

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am in Ontario Canada, and generally I do wash my car every week year round.

Oh and I love a black Mo!!

Brian

·
Registered
89 Posts
If Nissan sticks to the normal release date of the 2007 Murano, as it has for the last couple of years, you will not see a 2007 Murano until December 2006. In 2004, I waited until I saw a 2005 Mo before placing a factory order and was going nuts waiting for the new model release. The 2006 model debuted in December, as well.

·
Registered
190 Posts
This year, they must be shipping the new models earlier. The '07 Murano's are starting to appear in the inventory of some of my local dealers here in the Pittsburgh area. One has an SL AWD with touring package and wood trim on the steering wheel.

It would be interesting to see if there are any major differences from the '06 MOs.

Let us know if there are any sightings of actual '07 MOs.

Thanks,
Alan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay I just did it. I just leased a new '06, Murano SE, Black on Black.

Here in Canada there are not really any options, the SE is loaded except for Navi.

They gave me a great deal, same dealership i leased my '03 SL from in August of '03. $10 more per month, no money down, same 48 month lease.

I need new tires and brakes on the old one so I figured the extra $10 per month is worth it to drive a brand new one with full warranty and an SE to boot. Get it tomorrow or Saturday morning.

Woo Hoo!!

Brian

1 - 7 of 7 Posts