Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 Nissan Murano SL the transmission works no banging coming out of the transmission it goes through all the gears perfect except when I'm in Drive when I'm driving my vehicle around town it's great the only problem I'm having is in drive the RPM just want to keep climbing to about 4,000 at 60 kilometres an hour I brought it to my local garage he gave me a printout p0744 P0 840 p0845 P0 328 I'm just wondering if anyone else is having this problem with their vehicle

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just inherited an 06 Murano from my father. I love the vehicle but problems started to arise just a week into my owning it. It started with a ticking sound..which got louder as the weeks went by. I took it to several shops who all had mixed opinions. Bad transmission...bad driveline. I finally took it to a transmission shop who told me the same thing. DRIVELINE!! So I found a used driveline at LKQ locally and had the shop install it. Later that afternoon I picked up my car but was told that the noise was still there. I asked them what they thought it could be and they said the didn't know. That was all they had to say. I even asked if they recommended anything else but to no avail...they acted like they didn't want to help me. I paid them $200 and some change and they just blew me off! I was furious!

I was going to take the truck back to Las Vegas a few days later but I live an hour and a half away. So I decided to pray on it and just take the chance. I drove to Vegas about three days later and boy. The sound got worse and worse as I drove back. I mean it sounded like the vehicle was going to fall apart. Like something was coming loose from under the vehicle. I arrived in Vegas and drove around the city practically all day. I was hoping that by some miracle things would change but I wasn't looking that way. Later on that evening I decided to have lunch with my buddy from high school just before I turned in this truck. I asked him if he had heard the sound my truck was making and he said "kinda". I thought that was strange.

At any rate, I got ready to leave from lunch and asked my friend to listen to my truck as I drove through the parking lot to see if he could hear anything. I started the truck, put it in reverse and as I backed up it made this huge clunking sound. Almost as if I'd backed into a wall. "Wham!" I hit the brakes and couldn't believe what kind of sound it made. I was about to turn this thing in any way so I parked the truck for a few seconds, then proceeded to back it up and put it back into drive. As I drove through the parking lot the sound started to disappear? It was a slight noise if any and I was completely blown away? Did my going into reverse put something back into place? Was it the hour and a half trip back into town shake something back into its socket? I've been driving this damn truck ever since and I just don't know what to think of it?
The ticking sound is there but very faint. Someone, please advise?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts