Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Nissan Murano S AWD
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently went to start up my car a day ago and it started to smell like a gas odor from the exhaust I recently had my evap canister valve replaced. After the fix it was not doing the gas smell on startup from exhaust but since yesterday and today it has been doing it. What was odd was when I called started the car this morning there was no smell when I came out 2 hours later the smell was there on startup.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Recently went to start up my car a day ago and it started to smell like a gas odor from the exhaust I recently had my evap canister valve replaced. After the fix it was not doing the gas smell on startup from exhaust but since yesterday and today it has been doing it. What was odd was when I called started the car this morning there was no smell when I came out 2 hours later the smell was there on startup.
You would expect the exhaust to smell a bit rich on a cold-start as this is normal since the engine is running in open-loop fuel system control, but once the engine warms up and it's running in closed-loop this should abate. You can check fuel trims on live data to see if the engine is running too rich if you have a scan tool with that capability.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I’ve had the same model for 11 years. It’s been like that since I bought it. i only really notice it when I start it in the garage or if the wind is blowing a certain way. Never happens when engine is warm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts