Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my '04 Pewter/Charcoal SL a week ago today, and I already got a christening from someone's door in the parking lot.

Damn.

The thing is about the size of a quarter, and the culprit was a white something or other. It's on the Passenger side rear door, created a small ding, and a few spots went down to bare metal. That clod must have really been stupid or in a rush.

It's too deep to just buff out, so I'm gonna be out of pocket on this one.

Damn. :mad::3:

·
Registered
203 Posts
As A reminder to all.

It's a bad time of year right now. Everyone is in a hurry to get the Christmas shopping done and the car doors tend to fly open. Try to park beside another newer, expensive vehicle and not some clunker.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Think about some side moulding. Body colored.
You even know exactly what height to put it.
Check threads under "accessories".

When i first got my MO, I iused to to drive it to the end of my driveway and walk to town.

I was obsessed about going just one lousy month without a ding.
I've never had a ding, and it's been 4 months now.

Course, I've gotten used to walking a little further than I used to.

And I park next to
1- ONLY four door sedans (Smaller doors)
2- ONLY nice cars. This can even be a $17,000 PT Cruiser. You can see who has pride in their ride.

Homer

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was raining cats and dogs here today, and the Wife and I both took the day off to finish our holiday shopping. We were doing some serious mall hopping, and we were more focused on getting in and out efficiently.

I'm going to give those body mouldings a serious look, as I suspect they will be way cheaper than the bill to repair this spot.

Yeesh.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
hfelknor said:

When i first got my MO, I iused to to drive it to the end of my driveway and walk to town.
Homer

Now That's funny! (true. but funny)

I agree with the park near the nice rides theory. I have also walked across the far side of many parking lots since getting the MO.

No dings + free exercise = Happy/Healthy MO owner.

:D

·
Registered
719 Posts
I've got a great solution to that one.

I became a "real gentleman" several years ago by always dropping the wife off at the door (and picking her up) and then going for the safest possible parking place, always at the end of an aisle, as close to the end/curb as possible. So far with 3 new vehicles since late 1994, only one ding and that's in a cumulative 235,000 miles since late 1994.

"It was raining cats and dogs here today, and the Wife and I both took the day off to finish our holiday shopping. We were doing some serious mall hopping, and we were more focused on getting in and out efficiently.

I'm going to give those body mouldings a serious look, as I suspect they will be way cheaper than the bill to repair this spot.

Yeesh."

·
Registered
33 Posts

I was obsessed about going just one lousy month without a ding.
I've never had a ding, and it's been 4 months now.

Course, I've gotten used to walking a little further than I used to.

And I park next to
1- ONLY four door sedans (Smaller doors)
2- ONLY nice cars. This can even be a $17,000 PT Cruiser. You can see who has pride in their ride..

So being a good husband who wants to make sure his loving wife takes care of the new MO, I sent her a copy of Homer's post. Check the reply...

Honey,

Your "precious" will probably get dings, I'm sorry to say.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts