Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Murano,
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:)I have a 2021 sl all wheel drive. I am very happy with the vehicle so far. I will be looking for help in 2 areas, 1. Extended warranty- I had always avoided them until my last car, a 2014JeepGrand Cherokee diesel. (Which I sold to get the Mo.) I saved a ton of money with the Chrysler extended warranty. The diesel jeep went through thousands of dollars of repairs in it short time with me. ($7k just for the fuel pumps without warranty,and more, but I wont bore you with the long list.) So I would consider an added warranty for the MO. I would prefer a complete bumper to bumper coverge policy from Nissan.
I am just 12 months in and am just starting to check it all out.
I also like to do some of the maintenance myself, are there any good guides, utube channels or manuals I should find.
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Nissan of Santa Rosa has a consistently good reputation for offering less expensive Nissan extended warranties:

·
Registered
2018 Murano SL
169 Posts
Welcome, and I also bought an 8/80 from Nissan of Santa Rosa for my 2018. I normally get the best online price and go to my dealer and have them match it (this usually works and I've done it on numerous vehicles), but my Nissan dealer tried to bait and switch me into their non-Nissan warranty (without making it immediately clear) and I walked out of the room and am using a different dealer.

·
Registered
2021 Murano,
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the links. I read through the contract coverage and I would likely buy a gold preferred with a small deductible.
I normally get the best online price
How do you comparison shop for price? I checked 2 nearby dealer web sites and saw no link to a service contract offering. Thanks.

·
Registered
2018 Murano SL
169 Posts
Dealers typically do not advertise warranty prices because warranties are a huge profit center for them. They can sell almost anything if they just add it to customer loan amounts.

My approach has been to find a dealer like Santa Rosa, find the coverage I want, print out that page, and go sit down face to face with the finance guy at my dealer and say I will use their dealer for service but have a better warranty price. It has worked for me most times but my own Nissan dealer fully wrote me up at a great price but it was not an official Nissan warranty. So I walked on that.

Alternatively, some of us old guys use what is called a "telephone"... :) But dealers tend to be secretive about warranty prices.

·
Registered
2021 Murano,
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was pretty much the same with the Chrysler warranty I had. There were I think 2 dealers quoting online pricing. They were pretty close to each other. My local dealer quoted a thousand over what I found online from the online dealer. By the way, the chrysler pricing, IIRC, wasn't far from the nissan pricing. ( Where are all those scam auto warranty calls now that I need them)

·
Registered
2018 Murano SL
169 Posts
You don't want scam warranty calls--they are not selling official Nissan warranties. You can find all kinds of low prices online for bad aftermarket warranties.

I bought a lifetime warranty on my '16 Grand Caravan. Dealer wanted $3600. I found $2600 online and sat with the finance manager and got a lifetime Chrysler warranty for $2500 at my own dealer. They no longer sell lifetime warranties.

I believe Subaru USA now forbids any of their dealers from advertising warranty prices online. You can see why dealers who want to make money off warranties would not want online competition.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts