Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if anybody else experienced this...... i was driving the other day with my stereo cranked and my rearview mirror broke off....its just hanging with a wire now. gonna take it to the dealership tommorow.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had that happen on a 92' Blazer I had a couple years ago. Mine was from the same reason, subs. Everything started fallen off that thing come to think of it. Never herd of it happening on the MO though. Might want to take the sub out before going to see dealer.
;)

·
5,244 Posts
It is called RESONANCE............

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
EZEroc said:
I had that happen on a 92' Blazer I had a couple years ago. Mine was from the same reason, subs. Everything started fallen off that thing come to think of it. Never herd of it happening on the MO though. Might want to take the sub out before going to see dealer.
;)
My dad had a '91 blazer. Thinking back to how that stupid POS fell apart, your mirror falling off probably wasn't related to the subs! :D

Actually, I'm surprised the whole vehicle didn't just collapse if you were pumping some serious base. Those early 90s chevys (or any chevy, really) were a real piece of work.

I often borrow my friend's old pickup, and he's ALWAYS having to glue his mirror back on. Most of the time when I pick the truck up the mirror is just laying on the seat. Twice it has popped off while I was trying to adjust it. Both of us were always gentle on the mirror (because we knew about this problem) and we DID attach it properly each time (he even had the dealer do it once just to make sure). Seems that some windshields will hold much better than others.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yea maybe your right, but the subs didnt help any :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
k.. i took the car into the dealership today...the service manager said he is gonna do some research and let me know if it is under the warranty......if not, its gonna cost 350 bucks to replace it!! this is ridiculous....it better be under warranty.......my last car had some serious bass and nothing ever happened to the mirror.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I hope you didnt tell them you thought it fell off because of the bass, that would give them a reason to try and say it wasnt covered by the warranty. Never give the dealer a reason to think a problem is from something you did to alter the car from stock, they will try and screw you every time.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
GMTURBO43 said:
They sell the epoxy at Pep Boys.
Unless the mirror isnt working why not just get this stuff?

·
Registered
541 Posts
True. Basically you'd be getting charged $350 for some glue.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
"Never give the dealer a reason to think a problem is from something you did to alter the car from stock, they will try and screw you every time."

But if you are moding the car and your mod does the damage, it seems to me there is still a screwing going on.
And we are not here to promote the screwing of Nissan.
At least I'm not.

IMO, If you mod the car, come on here and brag about how your mod blew the mirror off it's mount and broke it, you have very little grounds for claiming that you are being screwed.

Homer

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I agree with homer - if the mod could even have the remote possibility of causing something to fail in the car, then the dealer has a right to refuse warranty service. Unfortunate but true.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Can I ask how many watts you're running to the subs? I've never heard of such a thing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
600watts.....i believe......just cant believe my mirror fell off......i didnt tell the dealership that i have subs in the car......anyways my last car had subs in there too and i never had problem with the mirror falling off.....its just ridiculous.....btw,i'm not claiming i'm being screwed by the dealership, just saying that nissan should have made a more durable rearview mirror

·
Matthew Lesko
102 Posts
That will happen all the time, given the right amount of bass.

Happened to my last car (01 Grand Cherokee)

You don't really need the rearview anyway. :D

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
If your subs are really big enough, you won't be able to see out the back anyway. :eek:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I agree... not a warranty repair. If you put some sort of rocket propulsion on the back of the murano & it catapulted you out of control into a cement wall, nissan shouldn't have to fix that either.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
seems like i got it covered!! the new mirror they put in doesnt even vibrate alot.......maybe the mirror i got before was weak!

·
Registered
65 Posts
If those subs rattled your rear view mirror loose, just think what they're doing to your brain. Better turn that bass down a notch. ;) :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts