Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Just hit 130k on my 09 Murano recently. I've put about 10,000 miles on it in the past 2 1/2 years ha. It's nice only having to drive to school and back. Figured I'd ask here about the checklist I should make since I've now hit 130k. Is there any specific to check? I've just drained and replaced the coolant, did an oil change, had the cvt fluid changed, and did the oil cooler gasket myself. The ONLY problem that I currently have is the fact that both valve cover gaskets are leaking, but hey, I really don't care lol. Pretty much baby the car except for the occasional merging and 30-60 pulls but those are far and few :). I guess my main concern would be the CVT. I mean, no leakage, no burnt fluid, no low fluid, nothing. I've read that they can last 60,000, 120,000, or all the way up to 200,000. Are there any signs or symptoms I should be looking for?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
If you haven't replaced your spark plugs now would be a good time. You may want to replace the valve cover gaskets at the same time since you'll be working in that area.

The Android app CVTz50 can retrieve CVT error codes. You may want to get it and see if there any CVT error codes stored. It can also read engine error codes.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have replaced all my spark plugs with NGK's as well as all the coils. I do use the CVTZ50 app and another app to check for codes and haven't found any. I get the occasional check engine light for the catalytic converter but I just clear that. I only have the basic version of the CVTZ50 app, will I need the full version to see any possible codes?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I'm not sure what you are referring too regarding the basic version of CVTz50...

I'm only aware of two versions, the DEMO version and the full version. I'm not sure what the DEMO version does other than to confirm you have a compatible OBD2 dongle...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you haven't replaced your spark plugs now would be a good time. You may want to replace the valve cover gaskets at the same time since you'll be working in that area.

The Android app CVTz50 can retrieve CVT error codes. You may want to get it and see if there any CVT error codes stored. It can also read engine error codes.
So I went and used the CVTZ50 app and took a screen recording. It did say that there was a code p0725 cleared a few times back when the engine had 500 hours of warmup time, 977 hours, 3862 hours, 4421 hours, and 4482 hours. I did use that OBD app I had and that code did come up but I cleared it about 8 months ago and it hasn't come back since.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not sure what you are referring too regarding the basic version of CVTz50...

I'm only aware of two versions, the DEMO version and the full version. I'm not sure what the DEMO version does other than to confirm you have a compatible OBD2 dongle...
The demo version allows me to view CVT and engine temperature, cleared DTC codes, and the deterioration of the fluid

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
So I went and used the CVTZ50 app and took a screen recording. It did say that there was a code p0725 cleared a few times back when the engine had 500 hours of warmup time, 977 hours, 3862 hours, 4421 hours, and 4482 hours. I did use that OBD app I had and that code did come up but I cleared it about 8 months ago and it hasn't come back since.
I had that code once on my '03. I cleared it and it never came back. I chalked it up to having occurred when my alternator failed and the electric power was marginal... The alternator was due to be replaced under a recall, and failed on the way to the dealership...

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
The demo version allows me to view CVT and engine temperature, cleared DTC codes, and the deterioration of the fluid
Oh, that's pretty cool, thank you for the update.

It's a great app, and the developer is very responsive to questions. I'd spend the $5 on the full version to support his efforts...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah it really is helpful. I know other OBD apps allow you to see normal 5-6 speed transmission temps but not the CVT. Really a great app to catch a problem before it becomes something bigger.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts