Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, all the guys in Iraq/Afghan would love to have your ride this weekend.
They wouldn't even gripe about the rattle.

Take a moment and think about those guys.
And all the guys that didn't come home.
From there and every other place we have been.

For my own personal short moment, I will say, for the 38th consecutive year,
"Here's to you, Dewey"

Homer

·
Registered
420 Posts
Yeah, I think about them every day. My next door neighbor is in Iraq. I am reminded of this when I pull out of my garage and see his dust covered car just sitting there.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Indeed Homer!

May the ones that we've lost... Rest In Peace, and may we honor the ones that are still there fighting for us. Hopefully, they'll all come home someday soon.

This war on the other side of the world has even impacted us way over here in Hawaii. We've lost a number of soldiers over the past year.

:(

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
here here!

Each memorial day I remember the CSNY song:
"Find the Cost of Freedom"

Daylight again, following me to bed
I think about a hundred years ago, how my fathers bled
I think I see a valley, covered with bones in blue
All the brave soldiers that cannot get older been askin' after you
Hear the past a callin', from Armegeddon's side
When everyone's talkin' and no one is listenin', how can we decide?

(Do we) find the cost of freedom, buried in the ground

Mother earth will swallow you, lay your body down
Find the cost of freedom, buried in the ground
Mother earth will swallow you, lay your body down

I support our troops everywhere but I find a lot to differ with them being there. I am afraid we are finding out that it took a nut to control a bunch of nuts.
I missed nam by 3 months. My father was awarded 3 purple hearts, 2 silver stars and one bronze star in Korea. My grandfather was too elderly for WWII.
I sit back with my internet buds from Belgium, England, Germany and Brazil discussing current events. In the end we wonder when the divisions will come down between us--we all feel the same about the sanctity of life, what is right and wrong in the world.
Feeding our people to cannons is starting to be out dated with remote piloted planes--we have used them quite accurately to surgically take out those who offend.
But I guess we will always have a need for door to door troops in the name of political correctness.
I just hate to see them go.

:(

·
Registered
263 Posts
Have a sincere Memorial Day. Being the son of a veteran of 2 wars and having a brother who recently came back from Germany, but will be shipped off again in September, I hope everyone remembers the sacrifices the soldiers and family make in the name of peace.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Next time you see a man or woman in uniform, thank them for serving our country and protecting our freedom. They always appreciate it.
Bob1

·
4,601 Posts
What a great thread....

Here's to all that serve and protect our way of life. :7:

·
5,244 Posts
To all the past, the current and the future men and women in uniforms. Les we forget……

Military service during war: 42,348,460
Battle deaths: 651,564
Other deaths in service: 243,826
Non-mortal woundings: 1,435,432
Living war veterans: 19,421,2661*
Living veterans: 25,497,6911*
* Veterans Administration estimate. Figures for Operations Iraqi and Enduring Freedom not available.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Well said!! You'll never hear me complain about petty things...they are so many that are fighting bigger battles like just trying to stay alive whether it be a war or poverty. I'm as happy as a clam!!!

I'm glad to have a job that affords me the nice things I have...the last thing I'll do is complain about that door rattle!!!

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
I am not a citizen of this country...

I only work here.

But, after staying in this country for a while, I understand now why America is strong. Their citizens are bonded together and very much in love with their country. They make America great.
And to that I salute you all. :)

·
5,244 Posts
SugarRushMurano,

Interesting observation. I had the opportunity of living on 3 continents and working of 5 of them.....It make me more open minded as well as appreciative of all cultures.........there is no wrong or right way............just different...........which one is better ? depends where you live and what is your background........

One thing for sure ? Americans are the hardest working people in the world, they do love their country, their way of life. They are ?doers?. Never look back, no resentments, only future counts...............

·
Registered
747 Posts
Before the day is over

I wanted to take a moment to remember all those who have lost their lives .

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
bob1 said:
Next time you see a man or woman in uniform, thank them for serving our country and protecting our freedom. They always appreciate it.
Bob1
We do. Thanks guys!

Every year Memorial day gets to be a bit more sentimental. Not sure why that is, but I guess delving into Armed Forces history just has that effect on me.

I have several good friends over in Kuwait/Iraq/Afgahnastan right now, so here's to you, guys!! :7: Come back home safe.

SSgt Bill Janczewski, USAF, 314th Combat Engineers

·
Registered
86 Posts
Great thread had a tingle going down my spine.

I would also like to add that we remember those soldiers, sailors, airman and civilians from other nations that have fallen fighting for democracy and freedom.

They are all missed and should never be forgotten.

S

·
0 Posts
I am lucky to say I'm in the living war vererans count... but I will not forget to honor the fallen. I salute those who have served.

MIA/POW YOU ARE NOT FORGOTTEN.

·
4,601 Posts
Great thread...

I try to remember throughout the year and explain to my daughter what she doesn't know about war. With my in-laws living under the Nazi's, my Mother living in London when it was bombed, and my father fighting in the RCAF and lucky enough to not be shot down, there's a lot of history that's slipping away, as the people that were there, do the same. The price paid for freedom, is dear, and we're truly lucky to have someone else give their life so that we can enjoy ours. I think about the life I lead and the person I am to make sure they would feel good about doing what they did, for me.

Thanks Dad. Thanks to your buddies too, that never came back.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Jaak,

Great sentiment.

My farther was attached to the 8th Army during WW II; we should never forget what these individuals did for us, and those that continue to keep our freedoms. On reflection, perhaps we complain about silly things all too often and as a society we are not as tolerant as we should be?

My farther died 4 years ago and he never much talk about it when I was a kid but later in his life he told me some horrific stories and some humorous ones as well. My Mother, now 82, lived through the London blitz and often talks about those days, again some harrowing tales as well as funny ones (I still remember playing in the old ‘Anderson’ shelters when I was a kid in London – long after the war I might add). It seems that humour was a key element in getting people through those difficult times.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts