Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone let me know what they paid so far for the 15, 000 mile checkup?

I have my MO in today and don't want to shocked too badly!

Thanks!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Our Dealer's price is $359. But we have the pre-paid oil changes plus a 10% discount. It came out to $317. More than half of that was labor and they charged $12 for each wiper blade (which I swear they didn't change because now they smear like crazy). I think it might come out a lot cheaper taking it to a private mechanic!:3:

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
I paid $157....

Tell them to just do the following:
- rotate tires
- oil and filter change
- engine air filter change
- inspects a bunch of thing
- lubricate this and that.
- i got a free alignmnet as well.

For the interior filter change and wiper change, you can do it your self.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do you think that if I just bought a 2004 Mo with 15,700 mi on it from a Nissan dealership that they already did the 15,000 maintenance before I bought it? Guess I should have asked about that, huh?

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
ejdurkin said:
Do you think that if I just bought a 2004 Mo with 15,700 mi on it from a Nissan dealership that they already did the 15,000 maintenance before I bought it? Guess I should have asked about that, huh?
I would doubt it unless you have the maintenance records. The 15,000 mile service doesn't really require the dealership. Any good independent shop will do it for less.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Re: I paid $157....

SugarRushMurano said:
Tell them to just do the following:
- rotate tires
- oil and filter change
- engine air filter change
- inspects a bunch of thing
- lubricate this and that.
- i got a free alignmnet as well.

For the interior filter change and wiper change, you can do it your self.
That alignment wasn't free :p

Comparing rough costs of the parts and labor:

5 quarts of oil @ $2/qt = $10 (I rounded up for the sake of this comparison)
Oil filter: $10
Labor to do oil change $35 (1/2 hour @ $70/hour)

Rotate tires: $18 (15 mins @ $70/hour)

Air Filter: $20
Labor to change air filter $18 (15 mins @ $70/hour)

Inspect/lube veh: $35 (1/2 hour @ $70/hour)

This totals out to roughly $150 <--Well, OK maybe it was free after all :2: But I'm pretty sure they didn't lose money on the transaction.

The inspection is usually a waste because it takes very little time/effort to check the items that are listed in the manual. A lot of times, these things can be done while waiting for the oil to drain. I usually do the inspection while I'm letting the engine warm up. I'm not implying that it's a crooked system at the dealers, but the service department is a significant source of income for the dealership.

Dave N

·
Registered
31 Posts
I find this post very helpful. I took our Murano to our local dealer and they quoted $295 for the $15K service. This did not include a alignment or the In cabin Micro Filter. Its currently in the service department. They quoted me $95 for the filter to be installed, thats parts and labor. I called a few other dealers and they said they charge $179.95 and the micro filter is included in the service. I am very pissed at my dealer for charging me for something that should be "standard" according to Nissan's site.

The place that I took my Murano is Future Nissan in Roseville, CA. DO NOT GO THERE.

You can go to Folsom Lake Nissan or Auburn Nissan for the $179. (In case anyone on here lives in the same area)

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
rjive said:
I find this post very helpful. I took our Murano to our local dealer and they quoted $295 for the $15K service. This did not include a alignment or the In cabin Micro Filter. Its currently in the service department. They quoted me $95 for the filter to be installed, thats parts and labor. I called a few other dealers and they said they charge $179.95 and the micro filter is included in the service. I am very pissed at my dealer for charging me for something that should be "standard" according to Nissan's site.

The place that I took my Murano is Future Nissan in Roseville, CA. DO NOT GO THERE.

You can go to Folsom Lake Nissan or Auburn Nissan for the $179. (In case anyone on here lives in the same area)
rjive,

I would tell the service manager that if he wants your repeat business then he had better meet the price offered by Folsom Lake Nissan and Auburn Nissan. You have nothing to lose. If he meets the deal you win. If he doesn't then let him and your salesman know you will be taking your future business to one of the other dealers.

-njjoe

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I lived in Sacramento a few years ago and I had pretty good luck with Capitol Nissan. You might want to try them out too.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I agree with njjoe. Just ask them to price match the other dealers quote, assuming all the service work done is the same. I did it with my local Lexus dealer for a 30K service and they price matched. :)

·
Registered
472 Posts
My dealer in Seattle quotes $150 for 15k service plus an additional $65 for micro filter installation.

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
HuskyFan said:
My dealer in Seattle quotes $150 for 15k service plus an additional $65 for micro filter installation.
Hey, Huskyfan, is that still Campbell Nissan in Lynnwood? Are you still pleased with them? Maybe I'll go there for my 15k service in a couple more months.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts