Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found 17" steel wheels that fit the MO for CDN $75 ea. and Pirelli Scorpion Snow and Ice tires 235/65/17 for CDN $193. I know these tires have 1" less diameter that the 18's but prefer this over the other 17" alternative, being a wider tire 255/60/17

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
I have 17" alloys for my snows. 235/65-17 Dean wintercats. Performed great on a trip from Portland-Montana last month. I don't think the extra wide (255) snows are a good idea.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I was told by a salesman from Tire Rack that just because a wheel will physically fit on a vehicle, doesn't necessarily mean that the wheel is engineered strong enough to be safe on the vehicle.

I was planning on using the 17" wheels from my 00 Maxima SE for a set of snow tires/wheels on the Murano. (I've got a spare set of 18" Murano wheels that my son wants to put on the Maxima SE.)

Luke from Tirerack specifically said that the Maxima wheels were not strong enough to hold/support the weight of the Murano.

Anyone have any specific knowledge as to whether or not this is true or just a salesman trying to sell more wheels?

·
5,244 Posts
dklanecky1,

I do not have access to that specific information, however try to approach this problem using common sense: what is the difference in weight between Maxima and Murano? Percentage wise? 20%? Now, the weight does not exert the biggest load on a wheel - it is the dynamic load that does that. Let's say like driving 80 mph around relatively tight bends.........I do not believe that for normal day to day driving the Maxima wheels are not strong enough.......

Just my 2c..............I could be wrong though............

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Maxima 17" wheels will not fit the Murano. My dealer already tried. The tire shop already sold several sets of 17" steel wheels for the Murano and no problems.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
I did try a 17x7 1/2 Maxima wheel. It fit fine. The 7" wide wheel may not.
Specifically, the wheels I am using are a set oif old Dial Concorde wheels. 17 x7 1/2 25 offset. Much heavier than the newer Maxima wheels.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You must be referring to a mag wheel. My dealer tried a 17" steel wheel available for the maxima and said it didn't fit. Or he was lying about it. Dealers lie? Never! (not)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts