Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so it was time today to take the 06 MO in for it's first oil change, which I let the dealer do. I had this plan to get the oil change and tell them about the highway speed wandering and cyclic noise at 35mph. But oh darn, it's Friday. I'm thinking on my way there I know how this going to go... I get there tell them the story walk around the lot for an hour looking at the latest Nissans to pass the time and a couple Benz's. Holy smokes now there is sticker shock, MSRP of $100K+. Ok I pick my jaw up off the floor and head back to the service department and of course the alignment rack is full and they didn't have a chance to look at it but the did do the oil filter change. Ok fine, I'll bring it back in a couple of weeks when I get a chance. But while there I started talking to the service rep about the leather seats in the Z. Short story is the vinyl part is wearing out with 20k miles in 3 years and its been garaged the whole time. This is when I hear the words "good will". She tells me to bring it by she'll jot down what parts and the color code and see if Nissan will good will it. I ask what does that mean? She says well since the car has so few miles on it and it really shouldn't wear out that fast sometimes Nissan will allow a good will repair. I say so they might replace the seat covers for free? She says yes, but they will be the same stock ones.

So I learned something new today. Some of you may have known about this "good will" stuff but I didn't. Of course after buying 3 Nissans there in the last 3 years they oughta show some "good will" LOL.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
That's awesome - sounds like you have a very accomodating dealer there.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
All dealers have the ability to exercise the "Goodwill" option. Very few do.

Attached is an excerpt from the Nissan warranty guide. It explains how you can apply for warranty consideration even after the warranty has expired. I wonder what the success rate is.

-njjoe

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Actually most Dealers have to earn there "Goodwill" status from the manufacturer due to the fact the alot of dealers abuse that right. What I mean by abuse is the dealer will do alot of unnessary work to pad sales when the car does not need the work done. Sneaky bastiges!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts