Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 Polished Pewter, SL AWD/Touring Package/VDC no Nav

Are there any guidelines when it comes to the 1st time you can actually wash and/or wax the Murano?

On other new cars, dealers often said that there is about a 3-6 month period before the paint is totally cured before washing/waxing should occur.

Since I have a Polished Pewter with Metalic paint, I wonder what the waiting period should be. Supposedly, as part of a prep package, the dealer already applied a "special wax".

Recommendations for wax?

Thanx!

·
Registered
747 Posts
elliotgb

I would definitely look into purchasing a clay bar. You would not think there would be many contaminates in the paint when it is brand new, but I mad the mistake of washing and waxing without claying and there are many little contaminates trapped under the wax. Now I have to start over, which is no big deal its just a lot of time invested for nothing.

·
Registered
717 Posts
With Nissans that are built (assembled) in Japan, your paint has already had sufficent time to "cure or age" and requires no waiting before waxing of sealing.

Here's another vote for the clay bar also.

After you think it's clean and ready to wax, take a plain plastic sandwich baggie and put your hand in it and gently rub it over the surface of your paint. Feels like sandpaper, doesn't it? The claybar will remove every speck of that sandpaper feel and it's really easy to use, although a little tedious the first time.

After using ther clay bar, your paint will be smooth as a baby's butt and ready for whatever sealer/wax you choose to use.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts