Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is what we get when the news stations in alberta tell you that we'll only be getting 2-4 cm's of snow....

ENJOY THE AWESOME WEATHER GUYS :bsflag:

·
Registered
15 Posts
That darn metric system--no one can get it right! :2: Come on down to Florida where the weather is a bee-u-ti-ful 73 degrees. Just right for taking the MO for a drive with the sunroof open. :D

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ROAD TRIP!!!!!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so have we
until the second week of february, then it just started commin down full force. i think we have about as much as we did last year. but i hope it all melts really fast. i wanna put the black chromies on.

by the way, the escalade in the first pic came by a second time and ended up ramming a curb just a couple houses down the road. he was pulled in by the deep snow. good thing he didn't have really low profile tires(although you could hear the thud of the rim hitting the curb) what tires was he running you ask?? the good 'ole goodyear LS's :16: . i can't wait to run these out and put on dedicated winter rubber.

i went for a drive later the same evening, after it stoped snowing and after shoveling the drive way on five seperate occasions( i think we got upwards of 30 cm's) with the murano. had the awd lock on and went crusing through the tracked snow(don't feel safe going through the deep stuff) but it held up quite well with a constant speed and the vdc and slips lights flickering. on back residential roads cars tend to all go in the same tracks so the mo basicaly drove itself but it was fun and i helped a person out that was stuck which made me feel good.

i wonder how much snow some MO owners got down in Calgary???

·
Registered
485 Posts
Ha, by that last picture it looks like they meant 2-4 cm sized snow flakes. :D

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well just over a year later and here we go again...

a heavy late alberta snow fall never fails.

·
5,244 Posts
I love snow!

On TV!

Or on photos that is!

:2: :2: :2: :2:

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
hmmm

was almost 80 here yesterday. I know after doing the lawn stuff my T shirt was soaked. I'd like a happy medium, say 65-70.

:2:

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
nissanlove-

Those trees in your second set of photos are so damn perfect they look fake! That's what it is. The trees, the snow, it's all fake. You Photoshopped it. It is probably 70 degrees and sunny in Alberta. It's amazing what a guy will do for a little sympathy.:2:

-njjoe

·
Registered
842 Posts
njjoe said:
nissanlove-

Those trees in your second set of photos are so damn perfect they look fake! That's what it is. The trees, the snow, it's all fake. You Photoshopped it. It is probably 70 degrees and sunny in Alberta. It's amazing what a guy will do for a little sympathy.:2:

-njjoe
As much as I hate giving sympathy to my cousins to the North, I have say that nissanlove got just a few cm's more up there than I saw in Calgary.

If anyone whats to give him sympathy, send it to his hockey team (Edmonton Oilers) as they did not make the playoffs this year and our hitting the links earlier than usual. :2: :2: :2:

GO FLAMES GO

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GO COLORADO GO!!! ehhh i give up haha. meh good ole oilers. at least we'll have decent draft picks, and a recored up our sleaves haha. so the snow pictured was not as bad as it ended up to be. by the end of the day we received about 10 cm of percipitation, most of it melting as soon as it hit the ground but the colder night conditions caused the roads to become trecherous and all i heard about was accidents in this mornings news. i had a feeling this was gonna happen also and wouldn't you know it a day after i put the summer tires on the mazda it does haha. not to mention a day after washing it also haha. anyways, i hope that's the last taste of winter we have in the city this year. it can snow all it wants in the mountains, which i tend to shred(snowboard) in late april.

·
Registered
87 Posts
mgthe3 said:
hmmm

was almost 80 here yesterday. I know after doing the lawn stuff my T shirt was soaked. I'd like a happy medium, say 65-70.

:2:
Well, it snowed yesterday here in sunny Medicine Hat. I don't know how many cm's but it was wet and heavy. My sweatshirt was also soaked after shovelling all that white stuff. Temperature about 3C or 38F. A couple of pictures to back my claim...Go Canucks Go!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Picture #2

Attachments

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
seems like you guys got it even worse than up here in edmonton, but i guess you shouldn't worry, all those chinook winds will melt it all away in a couple days haha.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Boy do I love Scottsdale!

:)

·
Registered
842 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
At least your winter snow has already melted away... It's been -15-20 here at night, and we still have more than a foot of snow left from the winter storms. It didn't stop us from having a hot tub party on Monday night though, with a shorts and tshirt mexican theme. My towel got soaked at the edge of the tub, and was actually frozen solid when I got out to dry off. Only in Manitoba eh.

Spring is in the air though, I keep telling myself.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
while not as bad as you have it in manitoba MM, we're experiencing a bit of a cold snap here ourselves. it's about minus 7 outside and snowing siginificantly again. the good thing is, my dad realized and thanked me for goetting him to purchase winter tires for the mazda. he finally realized how horrendous the goodyear RS-A's actually are even after a light sprinkling of snow.

here are a couple more pics. don't mind the garbage haha.

it seems as thought the ground is warm enough in some places...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts