Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my MO for 2500 miles now and I love ma car, though it has all the famous window rattle, some pillar rattles, that I would fix these myself, rocking driver chair, and ticking sound from the shift lever when it comes down to 5mph or so. Anyway, heres two other questions I have.

1st I smell gas fume when I start my car in the morning for couple seconds and it seems to go away. (My last Maxima did this also but that car had 70000 on it) Is this normal?

2nd I have the non-nav display and wondered if I can get both radio/cd display with avg. mpg display. Mine does not display both but only one or the other. But the reason I'm asking is that their displays are on different columns so to speak. CDs display at the 1st column and the mpg or the trip displays in the 2nd. And i do not see why not they display at the same time.

Has anyone else notice these?

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
The display has a few annoying limitations that seem to have been imposed so that the driver isn't overly distracted by all the data on the screen.

Another example is that some of the display items (tire pressure, mileage) won't stay on the screen for long when you are driving. When you are stopped, they will.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
As for the gas smell, I had the same issue with my 1997 Maxima, I think the VQ engines just burn very rich in open loop mode when they are cold, so you can smell some of the unburned fuel when it leaves the exhaust pipe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts