Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have to tell you even with the battle of the rattles and the shaking of the steering wheel and the attractivenss of the Mo's door to other cars doors and still no Title :3: . I have to tell you that after 20,000 miles I still love driving this vehicle. I love the way it feels on aceleration after coming to a stop light. I love it when a car full of teens pull up beside me and I blow their doors off after moving the shifter to right and stomping on the gas. And I definitely love the fact that I consistently average 23 miles to the gallon driving 200 to 300 mile trips several days a week. Say what you want about the small problems that affect this car (and the occasional large one) but it is now truly hard to imagine driving anything else. I will be looking for an 04 soon enough.

Randy
03 SL AWD
Black/Charcoal

·
Registered
129 Posts
That is a pile of miles what business are you in? Or are you just addicted to your Mo?

Hi-miler vehicles are generally in great shape if they have been serviced regularly and looked after but you sure take a hit on resale in spite of the fact your vehicle may be in much better mechanical shape than one driven by someone who never hits the freeway.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
I am sellingmy audi A4, 1998, very lowmilage (60K)..seldom

hit freeway... and yes it does have higher resale value.

People think that you will need new engine and maybe transmission rebuild at 200K mile?
So the higher your odo, the closer you are to rebuild. That is why you see the diminishing return there...

·
Registered
487 Posts
Well, I can say that a 200k vehicle will run fine.. but no, it will not get you much resale. It makes sense. The vehicle... all of it, not just the engine... has a lot of wear on it. People want something that isn't so 'beat' because they don't necessarily know how you treated it for those 200k miles. Maybe you loved it, but maybe you only did low-level maint and let some things go...

In the end, the 200k vehicle is worth more to you than it is to anyone else.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can attest to that. All of my vehicles have/had 250,000 or more miles on them. Never have I traded them in. I loved them to much to take such a loss. I rather gave them to a friend or relative. My last two vehicles (89 Honda Prelude 4WS and a 95 Nissan Maxima)
have 300,000 and 270,000 respectively and are both still running strong.
Randy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts