Nissan Murano Forum banner

281 - 288 of 288 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
The alternator on my 2004 Murano went out while driving down the freeway two nights ago. I Googled and found this site and the helpful information about the recall. Called Nissan and they said that this recall campaign was already performed on my vehicle on July 21, 2005 and I would have to pay to have it fixed.

So are they correct? "If" they replaced the original alternator with a different one in 2005, am I responsible from that point forward if the same part breaks? I am awaiting a call from a regional district Nissan representative.
If the original alternator has been replaced with the updated part, then you are responsible for repairs from that point on. As stated already, alternators sometimes fail, and you got 8 years out of this one.

·
Super Moderator
7,619 Posts
Just realize that you do NOT have to go to the dealer for a replacement. There are good quality parts available from aftermarket sources like NAPA. Just don't buy the cheapest one at AutoZone - buy one of the "better" graded units.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Mine is 05 Murano SE AWD with 52000 miles, when do they gonna start to send out a recall letter?
The recall was 7 or 8 years ago. So if you want to know whether your alternator is already repaired, call your dealership and give them your VIN number. They'll let you know.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Still apply to me

A few years ago I bought a used 2005 Nissan Murano. I have no idea if this recall counts for my car. if it does, how can I find out?? Can I get this done?? I am currently have problems with my car just hit 100,000 got everything checked up by my friend who is a mechanic, but my car still doesn't seem to be working and I didn't know about this recall until I google 05 Nissan Murano Alternator to see how much it would cost, to have this pop up I am just wondering since they think the alternator is my problem if I can find out if this applies to me!!!! Please help.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #288
I know the latest post on this is nearly 2 weeks old, but in case folks we’re still wondering, manufacturers are required by law to provide a recall remedy for 15 years. This means all of the 2003 and some of 2004’s will be out of the fix range. That said, I would expect NNA should still have parts for affected vehicles and may still honor the recall.

281 - 288 of 288 Posts
About this Discussion
287 Replies
91 Participants
Jim C
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing