Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is my first message and I´m writing from germany. Oct. 2004 I bought a MO from private party in L.A. It runs great till mid Sept. 05. I had that charger and brake light problem and drove straight to my local NISSAN dealer. They told me the Alternator is broken and had to be changed. Because they started selling the car in Mai 05 the don´t know anything about the recall and have no alternators in Germany on stock at all. So I called Nissan Customer Affairs in Gardena, CA., serveral times. They told me "we have to ask the manager" or " this needs some more research". After 4 weeks of back and forth my cousin in L.A. bought the alternator including core deposite??????? for 350 $ + shipping by FedEx 160 $ + 250 $ changing the part in Germany. Any idea who I can get at least some of my money back ??

I can´t turn off the fresh air button even when the climate control system is in the "off" position. But instead of fresh air the heater is permanently working. So I always have to drive with open window. Is anybody familiar with that problem ?

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Superdude said:
Hi, this is my first message and I´m writing from germany. Oct. 2004 I bought a MO from private party in L.A. It runs great till mid Sept. 05. I had that charger and brake light problem and drove straight to my local NISSAN dealer. They told me the Alternator is broken and had to be changed. Because they started selling the car in Mai 05 the don´t know anything about the recall and have no alternators in Germany on stock at all. So I called Nissan Customer Affairs in Gardena, CA., serveral times. They told me "we have to ask the manager" or " this needs some more research". After 4 weeks of back and forth my cousin in L.A. bought the alternator including core deposite??????? for 350 $ + shipping by FedEx 160 $ + 250 $ changing the part in Germany. Any idea who I can get at least some of my money back ??

I can´t turn off the fresh air button even when the climate control system is in the "off" position. But instead of fresh air the heater is permanently working. So I always have to drive with open window. Is anybody familiar with that problem ?
Give nissan consumer affairs the VIN number for you car. If it falls under the North American recall, you can submit a claim for reimbursement. I think its ridiculous they made you pay for the repair, given that there is an existing recall campaign going.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Superdude said:
So lets clarify... you press the off button and then you press the recirc closed button and what happens?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts