Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone my stepson was driving his 2003 murano a couple of days ago and while at a stop sign , he was standing still and then the car engine just stopped.
So he got it towed home.
While diagnosing it, I hooked up my car to it and tried jump starting it. The murano started up , so disconnected the jumper cables and after a few minutes the murano died again.

Next I jump start it again, this time while having a volt meter attached to the battery, the voltage is fine while the jumper cables are connected and the car seems to be running fine. After disconnecting the jumper cables the voltage starts dropping from 14v gradually to 12.6v then if I hit the gas a little the engine stays on and then the voltage goes up I can keep the car going but only by gradually holding the gas pedal down.

So my question is what could this issue be?

I was thinking maybe a battery problem, it has been really cold here in London ONT Canada.
Or could it be an alternator problem? or the faulty battery is causing the alternator to work harder.

Lastly I did read on hear about an issue with Idle Air Volume Relearn ? this causes the engine to die if not properly calibrated.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I would suspect you alternator's output based on the info you provided.

Have your alternator's output checked, and your battery load tested.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts