Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'afternoon all.

Just purchased a used 2003 Murano LS here in Thunder Bay. 142,000Km on it from 1st owner, who'd traded it in at dealership to purchase new vehicle.

Overall appears in pretty good shape with little to complain about with exterior or interior. Just notice beginnings of rust pimples on leading edge of roof, which I will get a body shop to repaint roof, most likely in Spring. Had dealer add 2in receiver hitch (Hidden Hitch) to it, 'cause my wife & I have 3 large dogs that will be riding inside with us, which leaves little to no room for other cargo or luggage. Have covered swing out cargo carrier for that 2in receiver on order, plus wiring harness to take advantage of built-in lights for cargo carrier (to minimize vehicles behind me forgetting it's there & running into it). And pet ramp on order to get these dogs used to while they're still young, 'cause our previous older dogs wouldn't use a ramp.

Nice vehicle to drive. Quite comfortable & quiet, although teeny rattle in passenger side when I'm driving that I'll look into quieting, once I figure out where it is. Auto temperature control is nice. CVT transmission seems to work well.

From research I'd performed on 'net before purchase, is rated at around 9L/100Km highway & 12L/100Km city. So far, on the 2 fill ups I've put in it, it's achieved 6.6-7.5L/100Km in mixed city/highway driving, with me being very light on throttle (I'm in no hurry to get from A-B). I'm doing this to get a feel for how well it does on fuel, for eventually when we take it on a trip.

Although it's out of Nissan OE warranty, except for the extension of the CVT warranty, we purchased a extended warranty from our Nissan dealer to cover everything else for 3 years / 40,000Km, just in case ('cause it has so many bells & whistles).

What I can see adding, down the road, is satellite radio to blend in with Bose sound system. I'd prefer that rather than add-on unit that was provided by dealer, that someone may want to break into vehicle to steal. Other thing that will be added, once trailer wiring is installed, is to get it Rust Check'd annually, to help the body last a good long time.

Only work I've done on it, so far, is to add lead for Battery Tender Plus to keep the battery at full charge when I'm not using it (have these units on all my vehicles with batteries), plus a Battery Energizer from Canadus Power Systems, that prevents / reverses battery sulfation, to give the battery a good long life, which will give electrical system a good long life.

Gary K

Attachments

·
Registered
844 Posts
Congrats on your new purchase. I to have a 03 Mo and I still smile when I drive it. Look forward to your many post on this website.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Congrats on your new ride. Funny you mentioned the rust pimples. I just noticed two of them on my roof, right by the roof rack on the front passenger side. I am going to have my car detailed before the cold weather comes and have my detail guy do some magic on them.

Enjoy your MO. I've had my 2004 since 2008, and bought it with 53,000 miles on it. It now has 82,000 miles and I love every minute of it. I got the SE model which is fun to drive.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum. The 2003 Murano LS has the 4 cylinder motor in it right? Here in the US, Nissan only offered the Murano in the 6 cylinder version. It would be interesting to be able to drive one for a week then drive the other. The 6 cylinder version flat out moves. I'm curious to see how the 4 cylinder version handles with respect to power.

I hope you enjoy your quazi-new :) ride. Sounds to me like you're enjoying it already!

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
I don't ever recall a 4cyl in Canada. Maybe he reversed "LS" and it is an SL?

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Maybe he did swap the letters. But the L/KM readings suggest 35+ MPG. There's no way that a MO can get that on mixed city/highway driving unless he's running a 4 cylinder motor right?

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
I doubt even a 4 cyl MO can produce 35mpg mixed city and freeway. I am voting for either a typo or the OP having a good time with something......:D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Warhammer. No 4cyl. It's the 3.5L V6. From what I understand the Rogue is the Murano look-alike that comes with 4cyl.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi again warhammer & zebelkhan. Don't forget that this was posted in Canada so those MPG figures were Imperial gallons, not US.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Bah! :D Everybody outside the US does everything really weird! LOL...

I knew about the Imperial Gallon thing but didn't think to convert.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts