Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
KSmurano said:
es - what did you get? We must see a pic!
KS-

its in the works as we speak.... (pix WILL follow, and be a MO.ORG exclusive!!lol)

i have tried to contact n2murano on several occasions, but havent had any success..... so ima jus go for it..... the AXIS ALEGIS five spoke, NOT chrome (but silver-powdered) finished.... 20"

i jus hop like hell that one of my two dealer contacts gets the deal of the century, since it seems my oem rollers (with tires) aint makin much waves!!

will post up asap!!

scott

·
Registered
777 Posts
es - I really like those wheels :cool: , are you going with the same rubber?
n2 hasn't been around much lately??? :(

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
KS-

i am planning the identical setup, as it seems the 8.5" wheel will fit under the fender okay (without incident i pray) and the 50 series sidewall will somewhat compensate for the larger dia. wheel.....

also , the 255 is about 3/4" wider i think....... and will lay on the wheel nicely, again, not protruding past the wheelwell.....

i jus like the somewhat OEM look of them, and the way they fill the wheelwell up nicely......

any thoughts on tire selection (helping me to understand this) is greatly appreciated

S

·
Registered
777 Posts
His wheels look good too!

Wheels: Enkei LM1
Wheels Size: 20" x8.5"
Color: Polished Aluminum
Tires: Falken STZ04
Tire Size: 275/55/20

Here is what he said about them:

Thanks for all the positive comments on my 20 inch setup. As far as some of your questions go; First of is why did I choose this setup? Believe it or not I wanted to upgrade but maintain a stock look to the exterior of the M-O so I chose wheels that looked alot like the SL style wheel. 275/55/20 tires chosen for the following reasons:

Increase the height of the M-O about 1.5 inches taller than stock.
Keep the ride as comfortable as possible; low profile tire tend to ride very harsh esp on an SUV that weighs 4000lbs.
Give the illusion of having 22's on the M-O; mission accomplished!!!
I am extremely happy with the ride quality and the handle of this particular tire and profile. There is no rub with this setup either. I even impressed an FX45 owner; said those wheels look even bigger than mine!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
777 Posts
es - I really like the clean look of the Axis with the center cap that hides the lugs, which normally seem to catch a lot of dirt & brake dust!

Although with the big rubber the extra 1.5"s would be pretty cool!

es - today 10/9 I put a post on FA asking Big Don & n2 to respond to the wheel threads here (plus its a good plug to get some newbies over here)!

·
5,268 Posts
esemes said:
i really like the more oem-look of this setup............

pictured are the axis alegis 20" x 8.5" silver finish with 255-50-20 nitto's...
I really like this set up. It looks great. Now..........I need to convince, that.........but that another story..........

·
Registered
275 Posts
295/45R20 Falken Ziex S/TZ-04

Love em! No rubbing lock to lock. A bit quieter than the stock 18" Goodyears.

For Sale! Factory SE Wheels with 1000 miles on tires. Make offer! I will be posting on Ebay if I don't get any bites.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Want ! for a full spare

Hi E,

If You are willing to seperate, I would like one as a full size spare. Maybe there are 3 others here wanting a full size spare. looking to spend 100$ if they are still up for sale. I'm in NYC so if any else is inthe area reply and we can get it shipped together

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yea but would you be willing when 4 people respond to this and say yes i want a spare? Also can you be a pal and see if a tire will sit flush in place of the donut, you might need to remove tray. Let me know!

btw nice car as I have the same Murano with same color and options

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well I had a flat and it fit the well the height was the problem but I think it was due to the tire being deflated the sub should fit in the wheel if it front side down. the wire for the sub may have posed the problem or the non inflation of the tire. Well let me know when you try it , I cant believe i didn't try it when I had the wheel off.:3:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts