Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to get sound for the factory installed DVD player in the 2004 models? I have only tried to play a DVD once and couldn't figure out how to access the audio.?

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
I don't have factory DVD but know that the sound comes over the airways. There is a certain FM frequency you have to set your radio on and then you can hear the DVD.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Mine is set to FM 88.1 Try using the "seek" function to pick-up that frequency.

Bob

·
Registered
94 Posts
88.1 is default since a relay underneath cupholder blocks off that station completly so no overlapping occurs. Make sure you audio ouput is connected under DVD player in order to use factory sound.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
still not working

maybe I am missing something here but I am still not getting sound from my DVD player. why is this so difficult, shouldn't I be able to put a movie in and hit play?!
how do i get the dvd player out?.. how about the cup holders?
THANKS so much for the feedback, thus far!

·
Registered
94 Posts
First of all what year is you Murano? Maybe things have changed for newer model year.

There is tray and bracket holdin dvd player.

Maybe you switched your dvd player for line input mode.

Cup holder is basically pry and remove but I doubt that has anything to do with your problem, maybe in worst case it defetive. I'll send you some instructions from repair manual to get that realy if you like.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my murano is a 2004 and it is a factory dvd player. i stopped by the dealership today that sold it to me (non nissan dealer) and there were a total of 3 guys in it trying to figure it out. NO LUCK! leaving for a 7 hour road trip (one-way) tomorrow with my 6 yr old daughter - would love to get this resolved before then.
THANKS!

·
Registered
94 Posts
All i can say is your dvd player is defective. If they change it for any reason, take the defective one from them i might buy since i need few buttons off the top face.

·
Read Only
554 Posts
Sorry to jump in so late. I have an 04 with the factory DVD. Not only do you have to tune your radio to 88.1 FM, you also have to push and hold down the AUX button on the DVD player for approximately 3 seconds. This causes the relay or FM transmitter or whatever it is to kick in so that the sound from the DVD comes over the radio at 88.1.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts