Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It doesn't seem like I've seen many posts from 2004 owners about their Murano satisfaction. Have a lot of the chronic problems (window rattles, steering loss at slow speeds, door lock issues, loose seat, squeaky brakes, etc.) that 2003 owners have complained about been fixed or is it still too soon to tell? Any real noticeable improvements over 2003?

Thanks,
jimmymac

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just the loose seat - actually the seat is firmly bolted to the floor pan - there is just to much plan and many noises coming from the seat. Took it to the dealer on Saturday and they did not do anything - they are clueless. I hat to make a generilized statement like this - but it appears that Nissan has a very poor dealer network. This is my 4th nissan.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You forgot about the brake pedal going all the way to the floor, the rattle under the car, the tapping from the B-Pillars, the THUD from the tailgate area, the vibrations in the seats, and the other assorted noises coming from the 2003.

Mine has been in the shop 21 DAYS over the past 6 months......still not fixed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So far so good.... had the Glacier Pearl 2004 for 8 days now. Absolutely no problems... I keep listening for the known 2003 problems (ie: window rattle), but nothing is noticeable. I thought that I had a rattle coming from the steering column, but it was just that big honkin' key fob (along with my other keys) rubbing near the ignition cylinder.

Biggest problem I foresee will be keeping it clean and keeping it under 4000 rpms until the break in is finished. Does it ever get moving launching from 2nd, it can really move it's 4000 lbs butt.

I'll reply to this post if problems are encountered in the near future.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I own a 2004 with all opts... now has 1,000 miles... just 3 weeks old! No squeeks, no rattles, no problems, no complaints! Love the car! :10:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a 2004 SL AWD (9/03 buid) with everything but Nav with 700 miles on it. I have the window click on the driver's side, but it doesn't really bother me. I had a bunch of rattles in the back, but fixed those by:

(1) removing the cargo cover
(2) tightening up the jack in it's storage place
(3) tightening the bolt holding the spare tire in
(4) putting some foam between the spare and the cardboard cover

Other than that no problems. I got 22 mpg on the first tank and 23 mpg on the 2nd. Mostly highway miles.

·
Registered
21 Posts
At just under 200 miles, any comment may be premature. That said, so far our 2004 SL AWD (SL Touring + VDC) exhibits none of the problems mentioned. I did briefly think we had a rattle in the cargo area, but it turned out to be a bone we had left there after taking a ride with our dog.

David G.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I own a 2004 SL Polished Pewter with Touring Package, only thing the car does not have is AWD and GPS. So far it has been perfect, no problems.
Spoke to soon, I too have the pop coming from the drivers window in upper rear corner. It does not occur all the time and is not very loud. But I sure hope they get a handle on this and fix it.

Up date April 27, 2004. The window pop seems to be getting better on it's on. Other than that I have had no problems with the car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2004 SL AWD is three weeks old with 1800 miles on it. The driver side B-pillar tapping started at 1400 miles and a clicking noice in the glovebox region started at 1600 miles. Looks like Nissan did not fix these rattles in 2004. I am disapointed.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have had the 04 MO for a month now with 1300 miles and no rattles or problems with it. I notice that there seem to be a lot more detail with the seals around the doors and rear hatch. I think they may have either added different seals/weather stripping or added more of it. No squeaky breaks, No stiff/hard steering at slow/low speeds, no window rattles.

All around, it is as solid as the day I got it. And the roads I drive on in NYC are some of the worst in the world. So its been through a lot even if it is only 1300 miles.

I will keep you updated on the status of it :)

Do you think Nissan would email us what was fixed or modified on the 04's

·
Registered
36 Posts
No problems with my 2004 SL AWD with Nav for the first 1000 miles. I thought it had a window rattle at first, but it turned out to be the little "level ball" indicator on my child's car seat.

Perfect ride. Feels very solid.

·
Registered
21 Posts
2004 SL 2wd everything but nav and sat. No problem except window ticking/popping noise on driver-side mainly when windows are up or down, and passenger-side noise when window is down... thats it.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
minano said:
My 2004 SL AWD is three weeks old with 1800 miles on it. The driver side B-pillar tapping started at 1400 miles and a clicking noice in the glovebox region started at 1600 miles. Looks like Nissan did not fix these rattles in 2004. I am disapointed.
I have a 2003 SE AWD with 11000 miles and have recently encountered the glovebox clicking as well. Its so annoying!

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
Yes, mine recently started this too. It sounds like a CD skipping, and it really irritates me.

·
Registered
81 Posts
My 2004 SL AWD has been very reliable so far. Nothing to complaint about except needing to go in to adjust the steering wheel vibration at highway speeds.

·
Registered
104 Posts
2004 silver awd all options but the NAV.
4000 miles and no problems. i had that steering wheel bolt thing going, but that's fixed. no rattles, or anything like that, nothing from the glove box, thank God. all in all, the 2004 is solid. i'm very very happy with my buy. :D

·
British Cat Juggler
147 Posts
1800 miles and no problems...except for having trouble staying under 90 mph on the highway! :D

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
2003 SL AWD Everything, Magellan 700, Amsoil, DRL, aftermarket alarm, full size spare
10200 miles, ablsoutely no problems.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
2004 Polished Petwer/SL- 2000 Miles.
Door adjar(false reading) lite only 30 seconds, a one day happening, never again.
No grunts, no groans, no rattles, NO PROBLEM.
Really like the MO.
Bob1

·
Registered
5 Posts
1200 miles and no problems except one - a rattle in the armrest. At first, it sounded like the dreaded passenger-side rattle I have been reading about but careful testing led me to the armrest. Once found, a self-adhesive felt pad cured the problem. The car is now amazingly quiet and solid.:D

1 - 20 of 47 Posts